Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The workrate argument is nonsense. We have seen since he left this to be the case. Koeman just didn't rate him. I've no idea why Martinez dropped him but I've heard he was a bit of a messer in training.

I'm not surprised Koeman didn't rate him but it doesn't mean he's a bad footballer and I suspect he will do very well at Barca next year.

Koeman and Martinez are polar opposite types of managers. There were very few of Martinez's players Koeman did rate.

I name thee beast as @Adversus.

You need to let Geri go, 5 managers have so far binned him off after 6 months, 5 different managers in 3 different countries.

Read my post again, I said he didn't have the energy, fitness or workrate required for the Prem. Serie-A is a totally different kettle of fish. And if you saw him in the U21 Euros he was still blowing out of his arse after 30 minutes.

And as for your second point - with good reason.
Not all teams play like Spurs and Liverpool in the premier league.

Granted I can see the argument if he wants to play like that but if you think Giroud, Rooney, Sandro and Sigurdsson will put more effort in than the 3 we sold then I would be surprised so the point isn't relevant.

Granted I can see the argument if he wants to play like that but if you think Giroud, Rooney, Sandro and Sigurdsson will put more effort in than the 3 we sold then I would be surprised so the point isn't relevant.

lol

I name thee beast as @Adversus.

You need to let Geri go, 5 managers have so far binned him off after 6 months, 5 different managers in 3 different countries.
Adversus?

It's not just Geri. It's the strengths and weaknesses of both teams. I think our attack now even if we get our targets is pedestrian, old and one dimensional.

I think Klassen, Schneiderlin and Gueye is a fantastic midfield and we are obviously stronger in defence and GK.

Wesby says that it will be reported as 50 but will be less upfront and the rest sip be addons. What I suspect will happen tbh. Media will report total fee for clicks and so swansea don't look stupid.

Seriously 'more effort'? I put more effort than Rom and Deulofeu put in when I clicked 'Reply' to this post.

Last edited:

Adversus?

It's not just Geri. It's the strengths and weaknesses of both teams. I think our attack now even if we get our targets is pedestrian, old and one dimensional.

I think Klassen, Schneiderlin and Gueye is a fantastic midfield and we are obviously stronger in defence and GK.
Geri is rubbish, get over it!

Yes I just think in the current market for a player his age and quality and nationality - regardless of contract it's 35 minimum.

Yeah Newcastle might be daft enough, West Ham probably would.... Would be go to Palace if a swap deal was suggested for Benteke?..... Can't see Spurs blowing that kind of money again for a bench warmer....

The results were good initially against weak teams but the performances and football were awful. Eventually those performances got th results they deserved. It's only when he changed it by getting Schneiderlin in and putting Davies in the team did it turn around. In the end it was a shame we loaned out Deulofeu because he would have been perfect on the left.
But...but you said a "dire start".....make your mind up fella.
You either watch Everton or you dont........:coffee::coffee::coffee:

But...but you said a "dire start".....make your mind up fella.
You either watch Everton or you dont........:coffee::coffee::coffee:
The football was dire. It started to change around Christmas and by the end of the season was very good but we were poor at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back