Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you focussed on one player? I said our attack would be weaker. Can you really see Giroud and Rooney chasing everything down in the twilight of their careers. Sandro is an unknown but looks an out and out CF to me and Sigurdsson isn't exactly the most mobile of players.

I just don't think their ability to press will be that relevant but what is relevant is we lack goals, pace and someone with the ability to take a player on.

For me that makes our attack weaker but you are free to disagree. I think overall we are probably stronger.
That's quite interesting as @Adversus spelt "focused" wrong too.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...4th-april-at-15-00.74850/page-25#post-3476061

Please Georgek/Adversus could you please not make it too easy to spot you caught talking out of your arse and then offering spurious denials to save face: take the advice of someone who has the value of experience, find a woman, settle down, maybe take her to a sixth form disco and get a perspective on life.
And to stay on topic, unless Gylfi is going to single handedly get us Champions League next year then 50M is too much! Unless its a straight swap for Dross Sparkley

Sooooooo is this thing happening?? This thread is about Gylfi and the last few pages are arguments about everything else. I say sign him, go in at 42 and see what happens

Sooooooo is this thing happening?? This thread is about Gylfi and the last few pages are arguments about everything else. I say sign him, go in at 42 and see what happens

Well unless its done in the next few hours hes gonna be on a plane to Murica till at least the 22.

Yes im aware its only a "short" trip back, but think it would have to wait till they return in that case.

Well unless its done in the next few hours hes gonna be on a plane to Murica till at least the 22.

Yes im aware its only a "short" trip back, but think it would have to wait till they return in that case.
Where in America?? If he is near me I will convince him he needs to leave the relegation destined Swansea and come to Everton! I'll offer him a pint and an amazing burger!

Nah man dead easy. Spotted the biff spelling and just used the search function. All in a minute but totes worth it for the most hideous Everton tripe chatter around. He genuinely can't learn to adjust his approach and gets belted out every time.

I guess someone has to make sure the forum goes through a routine cleansing.

Where in America?? If he is near me I will convince him he needs to leave the relegation destined Swansea and come to Everton! I'll offer him a pint and an amazing burger!

July 15: vs Philadelphia Union (Talen Energy Stadium; Chester, Pennsylvania)
July 19: vs Richmond Kickers (City Stadium; Richmond, Virginia)
July 22: vs North Carolina (WakeMed Soccer Park; Cary, North Carolina)

Lukaku signed for the Mancs from LA?

Yeah but United went to him.

Why are you focussed on one player? I said our attack would be weaker. Can you really see Giroud and Rooney chasing everything down in the twilight of their careers. Sandro is an unknown but looks an out and out CF to me and Sigurdsson isn't exactly the most mobile of players.

I just don't think their ability to press will be that relevant but what is relevant is we lack goals, pace and someone with the ability to take a player on.

For me that makes our attack weaker but you are free to disagree. I think overall we are probably stronger.
I was referring to your ridiculous work rate comments.

But if you think our attack is actually going to be WEAKER than it was last year when we would be replacing Ross and Rom with Rooney, Giroud, Sigurdsson, Sandro, etc., I'm not sure what to say. Did you see our group of attackers last year? Mirallas, DCL?

You also believe Barkley is better than Sigurdsson, which again, is absurd. Put Ross on that Swans team this year in place of Siggy and they are surely relegated.

Would I like more pace? Of course. But the attack isn't worse.

July 15: vs Philadelphia Union (Talen Energy Stadium; Chester, Pennsylvania)
July 19: vs Richmond Kickers (City Stadium; Richmond, Virginia)
July 22: vs North Carolina (WakeMed Soccer Park; Cary, North Carolina)

Yeah but United went to him.
Oh snap Richmond is only a few hours from me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back