Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. I'm not at all against the 'Iceland' signing but lack of wide players and/or pace troubles me slightly.
As for CF no. 1 choice should be Dzeko tbh but think Giroud is a cracking player who fits what we need. Just think Dzeko is a little more complete. Both players are criminally underrated because they've not got mega pace on FIFA imo. Similar with Gylfi tbf. Please no DCL though he's nowhere near it - know he's young but baffles me what Ronko sees in him!
I think Ronko sees that for his age he slots regularly and that is not to be sniffed at. I would not see him as a 'raw talent' or excelling in any one aspect like some but regular slotting is rare... I believe Kane was similar until he grew into it.

True. I'm not at all against the 'Iceland' signing but lack of wide players and/or pace troubles me slightly.
As for CF no. 1 choice for striker should be Dzeko tbh but think Giroud is a cracking player who fits what we need. Just think Dzeko is a little more complete. Both players are criminally underrated because they've not got mega pace on FIFA imo. Similar with Gylfi tbf. Please no DCL though he's nowhere near it - know he's young but baffles me what Ronko sees in him!

Sadly im currently with you on DCL, but im more than willing to give the very young lad plenty of time, if we get another striker, which we surely must, a loan somewhere would do the lad the WORLD of good.

My only concern with Dzeko would be hunger, he could use the whole "kicked out by City" thing to motivate him, but I dunno hunger, other than that hes an actual supreme player, cant say ive watched him since he left City, but I recall watching the lad for Wolfsburg many years ago and begging Moyes to sign him, ffs, anyway, I do digress.

Either Giroud and Dzeko would love a player like Iceland, if we could get either of them as well as Iceland they might as well just hand us the Title.

Sadly im currently with you on DCL, but im more than willing to give the very young lad plenty of time, if we get another striker, which we surely must, a loan somewhere would do the lad the WORLD of good.

My only concern with Dzeko would be hunger, he could use the whole "kicked out by City" thing to motivate him, but I dunno hunger, other than that hes an actual supreme player, cant say ive watched him since he left City, but I recall watching the lad for Wolfsburg many years ago and begging Moyes to sign him, ffs, anyway, I do digress.

Either Giroud and Dzeko would love a player like Iceland, if we could get either of them as well as Iceland they might as well just hand us the Title.
On the whole Gylfi thing though I genuinely think it will be similar to the Rooney situation. A large number against it - stupid money etc. Then those people will start to see the method to the 'madness' and no doubt uturn saying they were all for it the first place. I do think he offers so much more than just set-pieces. That is such a MOTD fan view imo. Obviously not as good but is similar to De Bruyne in style so i'm happy with it.

Can't say i would worry about Edin hunger - I watched loads of Roma last year - he is mega boss still. RS fans saying to me see how he does without the 'Egyptian Messi' Mo Salah feeding him. It'll be the other way for me see how Salah does without complete, brilliant striker to play off. We do need pace though with a target man.

Yeah ofc give DCL a chance, mind you i made a very quick judgement on Pennington and RFM being absolute toilet - still yet to see otherwise

On the whole Gylfi thing though I genuinely think it will be similar to the Rooney situation. A large number against it - stupid money etc. Then those people will start to see the method to the 'madness' and no doubt uturn saying they were all for it the first place. I do think he offers so much more than just set-pieces. That is such a MOTD fan view imo. Obviously not as good but is similar to De Bruyne in style so i'm happy with it.

Can't say i would worry about Edin hunger - I watched loads of Roma last year - he is mega boss still. RS fans saying to me see how he does without the 'Egyptian Messi' Mo Salah feeding him. It'll be the other way for me see how Salah does without complete, brilliant striker to play off. We do need pace though with a target man.

Yeah ofc give DCL a chance, mind you i made a very quick judgement on Pennington and RFM being absolute toilet - still yet to see otherwise

Dzeko would make Mo so happy, so im hoping for him more than Giroud, saying that I think the Dzeko thing seems to have just died a death.

Iceland will sadly be unfairly judged, people will expect him to play like a 50m player, same thing Bolasie had last season, Bolasie isnt worth 25m+, not on any planet, Iceland isnt worth 50m, some call it overpaying, I call it getting the deal done, something I personally applaud and something ive wanted us to do since forever.

Sure we could get cheaper, we could probably get "better" for 50m, if we really got lucky for 50m we could get 2-3 very good players, but thats taking a gamble. I dont think Iceland is a gamble, despite his Spurs woes, nor do I think hes worth anything close to 50m, but ok, this is football.

Dzeko would make Mo so happy, so im hoping for him more than Giroud, saying that I think the Dzeko thing seems to have just died a death.

Iceland will sadly be unfairly judged, people will expect him to play like a 50m player, same thing Bolasie had last season, Bolasie isnt worth 25m+, not on any planet, Iceland isnt worth 50m, some call it overpaying, I call it getting the deal done, something I personally applaud and something ive wanted us to do since forever.

Sure we could get cheaper, we could probably get "better" for 50m, if we really got lucky for 50m we could get 2-3 very good players, but thats taking a gamble. I dont think Iceland is a gamble, despite his Spurs woes, nor do I think hes worth anything close to 50m, but ok, this is football.
He'll cope with the pressure. He's the Iceman after all. It'll be like water off a duck's back, he'll just go home after a game, listen to Bjork and eat some Skyr. Sorted

I'd prefer Giroud to Dzecko...but would be happy with either. Giroud would be the sexier player on multiple levels.

Iceland will work his tail off and hush the naysayers except the biggest melts. All good.

Totally agree about Bolasie though unfairly treated because of his price tag...will always be such with a certain contingent. All good though.

I'd prefer Giroud to Dzecko...but would be happy with either. Giroud would be the sexiet player on multiple levels.

Iceland will work his tail off and hush the naysayers except the biggest melts. All good.

Totally agree about Bolasie though unfairly treated because of his price tag...will always be such with a certain contingent. All good though.
Tbh i was a very underwhelmed with the Bolasie signing (i think it was more the general disappointment of that window) but ironically a fully fit Bolasie is exactly the type of player I think we're missing atm. We should have 2. Keita Balde may not join so Bellarabi would do just lovely

Tbh i was a very underwhelmed with the Bolasie signing (i think it was more the general disappointment of that window) but ironically a fully fit Bolasie is exactly the type of player I think we're missing atm. We should have 2. Keita Balde may not join so Bellarabi would do just lovely

Yala on 1 wing, Iceland on the other, Sexy Frenchman or Boss Bosnian prowling the 6 yard box, ready to pounce.

WxkkD.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back