Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siggy corners onto Giroud's head

giphy.gif

I just cannot fathom the likes of Iceland costing more than say...

Lacazette, Cavani, Martial, Ozil, Mata, Hulk, Neymar... the list goes on.

I know the market is bad but this is nonsense now. If we buy Iceland for 50m then teams will be begging to sell us their players, because they'd know they can fleece us.

Hulk is absolute dog sh&t. if thing think football prices are bad my car cost more than a house did in the 70s and the idea of paying more than 30p for a can of coke when I was a kid was crazy.

The most important thing on any purchase (car, house...midfielder), is being able to walk away, no matter how much you might like it (him), if the deal doesn't make sense. And £50 million for Sigurdson, is in no way, sensible.
But if you have scrimped and saved for 2 sodding decades.... When, Finally.. your lottery numbers do come up... do you buy sensible or do you splurge on mental ??

Watch the 1st 7 goals - literally all right in the corners (including pens). The things Ross could learn from him about when to take a bit off the strike. i hope he sticks around to do so mind.

That's the problem IMO ... ross cannot learn... he's all instinct ...

Hulk is absolute dog sh&t. if thing think football prices are bad my car cost more than a house did in the 70s and the idea of paying more than 30p for a can of coke when I was a kid was crazy.
Hulk was pretty good not so long ago, and he is but one on that small list of players.

I get where you are coming from, freddoes these days are extortionate. Which is why I wouldn't buy one...

I guess the best example is Arsenals record signing Lacazette having been made this season for less than what we are supposedly paying for Iceland.

Btw obviously I'll support him if he comes, but it's just not the wave for me. Not 50m for some dead balls.

Hulk was pretty good not so long ago, and he is but one on that small list of players.

I get where you are coming from, freddoes these days are extortionate. Which is why I wouldn't buy one...

I guess the best example is Arsenals record signing Lacazette having been made this season for less than what we are supposedly paying for Iceland.

Btw obviously I'll support him if he comes, but it's just not the wave for me. Not 50m for some dead balls.

But Lacazette has not played in the PL, he could flop massively...whereas Sigurdsson has performed week in week out in the PL, you know what you are getting. If Koeman thinks he is worth the reported 50m that's good enough for me

But Lacazette has not played in the PL, he could flop massively...whereas Sigurdsson has performed week in week out in the PL, you know what you are getting. If Koeman thinks he is worth the reported 50m that's good enough for me
I see where you are coming from but if you've ever seen him play you will know Lacazette will quite seamlessly fit in with the premier league. He likes to work hard, put tackles in etc, and score goals.

Koeman also wanted Bolasie (who I think is good btw), is that good enough? Cos everybody seems to hate him.

He's worth 50million to Swansea as he's what stands in the way of them going down.

To us however, he's not worth 50million plus wages.

United have Martial in the shop window for 30m. I'd snap their hand off for him.

I see where you are coming from but if you've ever seen him play you will know Lacazette will quite seamlessly fit in with the premier league. He likes to work hard, put tackles in etc, and score goals.

Koeman also wanted Bolasie (who I think is good btw), is that good enough? Cos everybody seems to hate him.

i'm one of the few who actually liked Bolasie, one of our better players when he was fit.

Theres never a sure thing with the PL, you dont know how Lacazette will adjust to life in England the league, new teammates etc.

I have a feeling we won't need to.

Thing Is, all this spend that is being moaned about, potentially £40m for Siggurdson, £30m for Pickford etc, it's all a moot point as it's just the same money swilling around in the game. We spend £50m, that club then has £50m to spend, who give it elsewhere then give it back to us for Cleverly and McCarthy or whoever.

The net spend argument on player transfers is the most ridiculous one in football.

Dave's main point of judgement on Moshiri has been his ability, or not to maintain a £50m+ net spend this summer. That is something that Dave feels will determine for him whether Moshiri has succeeded or failed. Yet it seems that he doesnt want him to spend more than £5m on a player. There is two possibilities here, either Dave wants us to have a squad if 50 odd and a net spend of £50m+, or he ultimately wants Moshiri to fail because to him, the validity of his argument is more important that the success of Everton.

On Siggurdsson. If the management team believe he improves the team and we have the money (we do) then why the hell not? Is Siggurdsson worth £40m+? Rom £100m? Barkley £50m? Absolutely not, but that doesn't really matter.

Great post.

I just cannot fathom the likes of Iceland costing more than say...

Lacazette, Cavani, Martial, Ozil, Mata, Hulk, Neymar... the list goes on.

I know the market is bad but this is nonsense now. If we buy Iceland for 50m then teams will be begging to sell us their players, because they'd know they can fleece us.

Sanchez costing £30mill and us spunking £50mill on Iceland.

Sensible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back