Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see where you are coming from but if you've ever seen him play you will know Lacazette will quite seamlessly fit in with the premier league. He likes to work hard, put tackles in etc, and score goals.

Koeman also wanted Bolasie (who I think is good btw), is that good enough? Cos everybody seems to hate him.
That's been said about many players though, to varying degrees of truthfulness.

Man City bought Lescott for £24m and Santa Cruz and Adebayor for similar.

They where absolutely mental money deals.

But they did it to get noticed and to slowly match and overtake clubs around them. That is the stage we are at.

The clubs around us linked with Barkley possibly don't need him but it is in their interests to peruse a deal to try and keep us down the pecking order.

Soon we will be able to make the really huge statement signing, when City signed Aguero. But we are not quite there yet.

I see where you are coming from but if you've ever seen him play you will know Lacazette will quite seamlessly fit in with the premier league. He likes to work hard, put tackles in etc, and score goals.

Koeman also wanted Bolasie (who I think is good btw), is that good enough? Cos everybody seems to hate him.
I don't, I don't rate his galloping runs too much but he can put a cross on a sixpence

These are not 'going rate' prices mate. There are some people kidding themselves that is the case. But look elsewhere, who else is being ripped off on players with potential other than us? NO ONE.

John Stones £47m
Paul Pogba £89m
Raheem Stirling £44m
Oscar £60m
Martial £36m
Kevin De Bruyne £62.9

You could argue that non of the above went for going rate prices.
While I admire the moral point you make, it appears there are many teams being ripped off.
When Rio Ferdinand went to United for £30m in 2002 it was a record for a defender between British clubs for 13 years. He was what was needed at the time and became a mainstay in a great team. Maybe this is what we are trying to do?

If we take the moral high ground we lose out.
That is the market.

John Stones £47m
Paul Pogba £89m
Raheem Stirling £44m
Oscar £60m
Martial £36m
Kevin De Bruyne £62.9

While I admire the moral point you make, it appears there are many teams being ripped off.
When Rio Ferdinand went to United for £30m in 2002 it was a record for a defender between British clubs for 13 years. He was what was needed at the time and became a mainstay in a great team. Maybe this is what we are trying to do?

That is the market.
De bruyne was abar 55m?

John Stones £47m
Paul Pogba £89m
Raheem Stirling £44m
Oscar £60m
Martial £36m
Kevin De Bruyne £62.9

That is the market.
I would rather pay those amounts to those players than 50 mil for siggy

We wont sign sigurdsson until we sell barkley, or his deal is all but done. We cant risk having klaassen, rooney, sig and barkely as that really is too many similar players.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back