Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've done our fair share of 'stinging' other teams & getting over & above the value of players...I guess this is what it feels like to be on the receiving end!

Its like this, right, we are currently minus 10m with regards "cashflow", this isnt a net spend post, its just a what if :

In
Iceland 50m
Giroud 30m
Martina free

80m

Out
McCarthy 25m
Barkley 40m
Niasse 8m

73m

That leaves us with a "cashflow" total of 3m "left".

Never get 40m for Barkley with 1 yr left

Its like this, right, we are currently minus 10m with regards "cashflow", this isnt a net spend post, its just a what if :

In
Iceland 50m
Giroud 30m
Martina free

80m

Out
McCarthy 25m
Barkley 40m
Niasse 8m

73m

Mcgeady and Robles will be gone aswel. Say another 8m

Last year of his contract.... Not making the England squad..... We might do well to get 25m at this point, really should have sorted his contract last summer, Foolish to let any first teamers contract run down to its final year...
Yes I just think in the current market for a player his age and quality and nationality - regardless of contract it's 35 minimum.

Anybody who knows even the slightest thing about football can see that the starting XI is being strengthened more by each window.

In January it was Schneiderlin, now it is the goalkeeping position, Keane to replace an ageing Jags, Klaassen to give us more goals from midfield, Sandro to give us more mobility up top.
The defence and midfield is better.

Even if we get Giroud and Sigurdsson our attack will be weaker than Lukaku, Deulofeu and Barkley.

It's also very unbalanced with no real wide threat, no pace and no player to beat a man one on one. We may start singing 1-0 to the Everton.

I know Koeman would disagree because I don't think he rated any of those players that highly but that's my opinion.

Even if we get Giroud and Sigurdsson our attack will be weaker than Lukaku, Deulofeu and Barkley.

It's also very unbalanced with no real wide threat, no pace and no player to beat a man one on one. We may start singing 1-0 to the Everton.

I know Koeman would disagree because I don't think he rated any of those players that highly but that's my opinion.

If we get those two our attack has improved full stop.

In
Iceland 50m
Giroud 30m
Martina free

80m

Out
McCarthy 25m
Barkley 40m
Niasse 8m

73m

Haribo all round !!!!

I like this game. We should actually have sold Rom for £150m and then gone and bought Messi, Suarez and Neymar for £50m each. Maybe you should identify the players that you think are of equivalent quality to the ones we have bought that have gone for less money elsewhere and would have been willing to join us. I'm all ears.

hmm, i dunno, would leave us a little unbalanced and a bit overstocked in attack, i'll pass on that ha

Which clubs have bought players that would improve us for less money that we could realistically get? I can't think of any.
exactly, kolasinic is the only one, but i think i was only so hooked up on him because he was free. We were actually in for him too, he just chose a club with more prestige, which is understandable, also a team with horrific choices for left back so he'd be more of a guarateed starter for them.

I don't envy city's dealings at all, i don't understand why they pay such vast sums for young gambles every summer, when they can just go out and buy a david silva, yaya toure, kun aguero etc, who are all going to be an undoubted success. Chelsea have gone a bit of the same way and missed out on their main targets. United have missed out on every single one of their man targets and still paid a world record fee. Spurs haven't even moved off the couch. Arsenal have just replaced sanchez early and are still yet to actually address their weaknesses bar left back. the RS, even worse than arsenal in that regards, getting a chelsea reject and a chelsea u23 reject.

We've improved vastly, whereas all of the other teams above us? Only arsenal have strengthened imo.

It's also very unbalanced with no real wide threat.

The bold is probably false. Klassen and Sandro need to be factored into the equation- we are much deeper than last year. The italicized is a good point; we don't have a dominant threat on the wings atm. We saw how poor the team was without Coleman last year, and it's a big ask for Kenny to come in and provide the same impact. We will have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back