Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurdsson would be a good fit here, he's a team player and wouldn't rock the boat, much like most of our other signing Koeman is doing a sensible job here, they all seem focused footballer ready to do a good job, hopefully with little fuss. COYB.

He was decent there, Spurs just had 100 midfielders at the time.

s'truth.

I have a Spuds fan mate who gets all dreamy eyed every time I bring his name up. Babe Ruth was also a failed pitcher, by that measure.

Soon my precious, soon.

eyeroll.gif

Is there a single reputable journalist reporting that this is close? The nearest I've found is this piece of non-news from the Mail. The headline says, ""Everton Set to Complete 32m Deal for Sigurdsson", but it would be more accurate if it said, ""I Heard Everton Bid 32m and I Think It Will Be Accepted".

Swansea have remained resolute in their determination to keep Sigurdsson but a new offer of £32million from Everton coupled with Sigurdsson's wish to have a fresh challenge after three years in south Wales means a deal is likely to take place.

No sources mentioned, not even to support the claim of the 32m offer, which is the lone fact actually being reported.

I'm a fan and of him, think he's the kind of player we've lacked since Pienaar started to decline. I fear we'll pay a ridiculous fee for him but as long as it doesn't affect other players coming in I'm 100% for it.

Agree 100%. We have never replaced the brains and class of Pienaar. Pienaar was not quick but could make space for himself and other just because of his amazing first touch, close control, one touch passing and movement. There's no point having quick players if you don't have players who can get the ball to them in space. That's what Gyfi will do. Loads of silky one touch passes and knock offs. He'll actually be an upgrade on Pienaar because he is much more productive in terms of goals and assists.

Just seen this on Swansea City Forum

Simon Davies‏ @simondavies45 36m36 minutes ago BBC radio wales reporter

Just had a text from source at Swansea that "no deal has been agreed" with Everton for Sigurdsson. BUT paper speculation is intensifying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back