Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford

Keane Baines

Gueye Schneiderlin

Barkley Klassen Sigurdsson

Rooney Giroud Ramirez

2-5-3

No problem.

Myers just posted a picture of FF up on his twitter, basically huge hint that something is coming soon then...

If so this keeps up the double signing, early/late which seems to be a designed thing by us to make maximum media impact

Ideally I'd want Barkley and Sigurdsson in the same team. Creativity everywhere with that. Just looks like Ross is off unfortunately so he'll be his replacement.

Surely this is still some way off though? Would be a great signing, and I'll windmill if it's announced tonight.

Buried in the Rooney article today mate, he listed our business done so far with the ending of, "Glyfi Sigurddson will also follow from Swansea City"

Fantastic. A bit of a luxury and very much one for the present. However 10 goals and 10 assists per season guaranteed which will help ease the loss of Lukaku. He has potential of improving this numbers too!

Yeah that's why I'm quite "meh" about it. You can excuse a bit of the gulf in terms of Swansea being gash, but Barkley is simply the better player.

Sigurdsson is an OK replacement, nothing more. At least he can take a corner.

Play them together and you'll get magic. As a replacement, I wouldn't be happy - bar his set pieces but then you've got Rooney and Sandro now so eh. Whatever.

4 competitions, can play in several positions. Still plenty of space for Based Locally

True that O but we've seen when you leave Ross out, the talk begins. Don't think any manager can be bothered with that around and will probably opt to get shut. Which will break my heart.

If Funes Mori is allowed to leave as is being mentioned - hallelujah - can see another starter centre back coming in. Think Williams is a stop-gap

Mate i just think we set out to get a VERY expensive cb in last summer and failed, and we will look to make it the cherry on the cake - deliberately leaving that one till last - to make us as attractive a proposition for that 'marquee' signing.

Myers just posted a picture of FF up on his twitter, basically huge hint that something is coming soon then...

If so this keeps up the double signing, early/late which seems to be a designed thing by us to make maximum media impact
No chance that anything goes on at FF without it being known. All depends if they're desperate to get him on the Tanzania trip.

Sig would have had just as many passes as Ross if he hadn't have played for a pretty awful Swansea side. It's likely he would have had even more assists though

Ideally I'd want Barkley and Sigurdsson in the same team. Creativity everywhere with that. Just looks like Ross is off unfortunately so he'll be his replacement.

Surely this is still some way off though? Would be a great signing, and I'll windmill if it's announced tonight.

Announced tonight? Has he even been to FF?

That's a slanderous statement Cheese. Take that back.

It's just an incorrect one.

Last season, Barkley had twice the amount of successful dribbles as Sigurdsson and, as a percentage, gave the ball away during these dribbles less than Sigurdsson. 15% less in fact. He also played 300+ more forward passes, with a higher completion rate, and created more chances.

He's simply a better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back