Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I agree with the Rooney bit, Fred. Saying that, it would be good to have two players who can play that role. If Sigurdsson comes in you have to think Barkley will struggle for game time if he stays. I can't see Barkley signing a new contract if the Sigurdsson deal happens.
Not at £50m though Eggs. Or £35m for that matter.

I wouldn't want to see both Sigurdsson and Rooney on the pitch at the same time as I think we need to mix it up a bit more. I know that he ain't your favourite player Eggs but still, Ross offers that something different.

I am a fan of Siggy and was in favour of bringing him in, but not at those prices and not now we have Rooney. I'd rather spend the money on somebody who can add something different to the squad. Somebody with a bit of guile and vision.

Rodriguez is been touted for £66m. Unfortunately our neighbours are in a bit of difficulty at the moment so had to pass it up. Reckon we should go in for him.

We are not going to pay that for him , good player but that's way to much, sooner leave him were he is , and let him get fed up when it becomes clear Swansea will be looking to just stay in the prem by xmas and he would start wanting a move away , we would get him miles cheaper than that.

Would rather spunk 50mil on a few extra seats at the new stadium just to upset them lot across the park.

Still think Sigurdsson will end here,and i dont believe that leicester bid either,think that have said that [or the media or whoever],to try and make us pay more

I would agree P and evidently so would Joyce but, if Leicester have bid 40 and had that rejected, I seriously hope we won't try and do a deal over 40 million. The lad isn't even worth the 32 being touted by Jim White.

I don't suddenly know where this Leicester bid has come from tbh. Not sure that's fully legit really.

I can imagine they enquired, but surely it'd have been picked up on before if such a huge bid had been rejected.

For one, Swansea would want it out there that they'd turned it down, and two, Leicester would probably want it out there to show their intent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back