Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's far more influential on games..... Ross lets 99% of games pass him by with no impact on them at all.

Yet we finished 7th with him as our main creative player and they finished 15th.

So Ross being missing for a whole season still had a bigger impact than Sigurdsson

While he is much better then Barkley I dont see that as the issue now because the price is getting out of hand for Sigu while at the same time we dont seem to be getting any offers for Barkley. Swansea are doing the right thing, basically what we have done for years but I feel other clubs will come in for him for good reason and the price will get silly, as much as we should buy him we need to put some time scale on this and move on at some point if it isnt happening. He cant be our only target

Trying to directly compare stats is impossible. What would a Ross' look like in that Swansea team surrounded by dross & with a static lump like Llorente up front or Sigurdsson with Lukaku? We can only speculate.

What we can say is that despite Ross having greater physical gifts & higher potential Sigurdsson delivered more last year, ran further, played smarter and coped with being The Guy for both Swansea and Iceland far better than Ross stood up to the pressure with us.

I don't think Sigurdsson is £20m better than Ross and I understand those who worry it will suddenly click for him and he'll be amazing somewhere else but unless Barkley made huge strides mentally this summer if I had them both available I'd be giving Gylfi first go.

I don't think Sigurdsson is £20m better than Ross and I understand those who worry it will suddenly click for him and he'll be amazing somewhere else but unless Barkley made huge strides mentally this summer if I had them both available I'd be giving Gylfi first go.

He is because one is a wanted player while the other has no one interest and a year left on his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back