Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really like comparing his and Ross' open play stats because they play in completely different teams. It's a nonsense set of stats to analyse. Different strikers making/not making runs etc.

In fairness, I'd say Llorente's and Lukaku's movement is of a pretty similar standard...

non-existent

I'm not sure I believe the rumour that Leicester have had a £40 million offer rejected. Doesn't make any sense to me. As far as I know, no one has offered anywhere close to that amount. No reason for Leicester to meet Swansea's evaluation out of the blue. They would gradually ramp up their offers. If they had done that, we would have heard a lot more about their interest. I'm wondering if Leicester are allowing Swansea to put out this story to try and screw over Everton.

Regardless, I'll be stunned if Sigurdsson goes for £40 million, much less £50. £35 is about the maximum any reasonable club would pay for an almost 28 year old who is not world class and hasn't proven he can dominate at the top level.

Your 'smoking gun' yesterday: lol

...I'm surprised you ventured forth with another one today.

They're like our attack at the moment: pop gun.

Haha !

One of the reasons that you're one of the most entertaining posters on here is that you have absolutely no shame and will happily contradict yourself purely to wind folk up. I'm merely exercising my civic duty to demonstrate to people that, most of the time, you talk complete bubbles and shouldn't be taken too seriously !

I think @davek was more concerned about the potential transfer fee for the lad (as I am at 35m and I really do rate him) as opposed to questioning the lad's ability. As you pointed out he has never wavered in his appreciation of the player.

You misunderstand me mate. Dave's a fan of Sigurdsson. The point I was making is that when Dave thought we had no chance of signing him he played the "He'll never sign for Koeman" line, but, as soon as it looked like it was possible we might sign them, then he ditched that argument in favour of the "we'll overpay for him".

As I've said before, dave's like a politician and will cleverly move the goalposts when he think no-ones watching ! Fair play to him, he's very good at it !

Just an observation from a fan from Walton Vale, I care how Everton manage their finances, Moshiri has money yes, but he doesn't have a tea towel on his head which means the money has a limit,

Therefore I want us to spend that money wisely.
Weatherspoons orrys' the bull the Windsor or the Vale bar.?

Haha !

One of the reasons that you're one of the most entertaining posters on here is that you have absolutely no shame and will happily contradict yourself purely to wind folk up. I'm merely exercising my civic duty to demonstrate to people that, most of the time, you talk complete bubbles and shouldn't be taken too seriously !

You misunderstand me mate. Dave's a fan of Sigurdsson. The point I was making is that when Dave thought we had no chance of signing him he played the "He'll never sign for Koeman" line, but, as soon as it looked like it was possible we might sign them, then he ditched that argument in favour of the "we'll overpay for him".

As I've said before, dave's like a politician and will cleverly move the goalposts when he think no-ones watching ! Fair play to him, he's very good at it !

Much like his idol.

I'm not sure I believe the rumour that Leicester have had a £40 million offer rejected. Doesn't make any sense to me. As far as I know, no one has offered anywhere close to that amount. No reason for Leicester to meet Swansea's evaluation out of the blue. They would gradually ramp up their offers. If they had done that, we would have heard a lot more about their interest. I'm wondering if Leicester are allowing Swansea to put out this story to try and screw over Everton.

Regardless, I'll be stunned if Sigurdsson goes for £40 million, much less £50. £35 is about the maximum any reasonable club would pay for an almost 28 year old who is not world class and hasn't proven he can dominate at the top level.
I'd agree that £30m rising to £35m tops for Sigurdsson. I'll be surprised if we go above £35m. I could be wrong. If Leicester pay £40m+ then fair enough. Just my opinion

Money has flooded into the league not just to Everton and there is no point comparing previous prices with today's prices. Teams can afford to turn down what would have been taken hand and all before.

It's like doubling everyone's wages and expecting the price of a pint to stay the same.

50m now is more like 20m a few seasons ago.

Haha !

i think he's so funny and an entertainer on the forum.....a little light relief is needed on here sometimes....Comedy Dave !! lollollol

Silly to compare this season's prices to the transfer fees of seasons gone by.

If Lukaku is worth £90million, Sigurdsson is probably worth about £60million.

We are living in crazy times.

My initial reaction to that was to lol

But there is probably a matrix somewhere that would actually back that up.

Utterly nuts.

And Wayne Rooney not only on a free, but with United paying him £15m to join us.

i think he's so funny and an entertainer on the forum.....a little light relief is needed on here sometimes....Comedy Dave !! lollollol

Indeed.

Anyway, to get back on-topic. Does anyone know if Gylfi can play the guitar ?
If he does, and he signs, then I think they should play the bit of Ziggy Stardust where Bowie sings "Ziggy plays guitar" on the tannoy.

On transfer fee inflation, then maybe yes.

For 90m though you are guaranteed 20+ goals a season off Lukaku, it's easy to gauge. Really hard to make a case for Gylfi being worth anywhere near the alleged asking fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back