Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still doesn't matter. He doesn't influence a game.

Utter scandalous we agreed that fee

Oh we got utterly robbed. Just not sure who exactly Gylfi is meant to be putting crosses in for or threading in. All feels like we just lashed a big fee around the look like big spenders.

Agree by the way. Just pointing out the utter stupidity of not buying a striker. What exactly was the plan?

So you're telling me we spend £45m on a player but then need to spend another £25-£30m on a big striker so he can perform? That seems very silly.

Just not doing it at all. Completely ineffective so far in his Everton career. Knew he was a set piece merchant but the rest of his game has been poor and the lack of preseason fitness excuse has expired.

Wondering if he just can't cut it in a team he isn't the best player, like he was at Swansea.

Everything went through at him at Swansea but he isn't dictating the game for you at all. He did the same when he signed for Spurs. Couldn't fit into their team and re-signed for Swansea, who basically built the team around him.

Some players just got into a certain style of play and when they're not the 'main man' in a new team they look lost. I'm just wondering if Everton is too big a step-up? He also shines when playing for Iceland, as he's by far their best player with no real competition.

I must admit, I was convinced he'd be a key player for you after his ridiculous amount of assists in a pretty poor Swansea side. He controlled the tempo, he was bossing the game and looked a threat every time he got within 30 yards of the goal.

45m - He's done nothing to justify that yet.

Still time to turn it around but for all that cash you'd expect genuine quality and for him to he settled in before now.

From an outsider he looks like he isn't sure where to play, or what his role is in the team? Not sure if that's Koeman's fault or his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back