Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor old Gylfi is looking like Everton's worst ever pound for pound signing.

He won't be. I know it doesn't feel it now, but we can't be that bad under new management by anyone, and at that point you'll see better things for him.

Yeah, he's never going to be as good as Barkley, and even the people who didn't see what Barkley did under their nose are waking up to that now, but he will be an alright signing for the next three years or so because he has good technical ability in the right system.

He won't be. I know it doesn't feel it now, but we can't be that bad under new management by anyone, and at that point you'll see better things for him.

Yeah, he's never going to be as good as Barkley, and even the people who didn't see what Barkley did under their nose are waking up to that now, but he will be an alright signing for the next three years or so because he has good technical ability in the right system.
The ONLY system that suits him with his lack of pace and intensity is at the head of a midfield diamond .

That affords you no width and reqires the two forwards to be mobile and interchange - none of which can happen with the current personnel.

Plus he doesn't look arsed.

The ONLY system that suits him with his lack of pace and intensity is at the head of a midfield diamond .

That affords you no width and reqires the two forwards to be mobile and interchange - none of which can happen with the current personnel.

Plus he doesn't look arsed.

Don't personally think so. He works well in 4-5-1, with two holding mids, two inside forwards, him in the middle and a striker who can take a ball to feet and allow runners in and around him.

The problem with that is that whilst Barkley is on the books, he's not even the best in the squad in that role. But because Moonhead has alienated Barkley with his ego, Sigurdsson is the one we'll have to make do with for the next few years, dictated by his price tag to play.

We won't go down; we'll probably finish top half still.

We can fit in a player who takes a good set piece and can score a goal from the edge of the box, but the others around him have to be right. And they aren't.

45 mill was way too much like.

I agree

This is a decent player who does not just turn plop overnight. Something is wrong (Probably Ronnie) but I think this guy can still end up being a great Everton player. I am not giving up on him.

We can fit in a player who takes a good set piece and can score a goal from the edge of the box, but the others around him have to be right. And they aren't.

45 mill was way too much like.

In many ways he's a similar luxury player to Lukaku, in that he's largely a one trick pony that you have to build around to get the best of. He's also similar in the way that there's a ceiling as to what you can achieve with a player like Gylfi, which is why we were the biggest club in for him, yet the likes of Spurs and Chelsea sniff around Barkley.

With all the will in the world, Calvert-Lewin with a bunch of slapdash thrown together other players in a different formation every week isn't going to get the best out of such a player.

I agree

This is a decent player who does not just turn plop overnight. Something is wrong (Probably Ronnie) but I think this guy can still end up being a great Everton player. I am not giving up on him.

He was crap at Spurs and crap at Swansea, he had the odd game at swansea were he looked ace but the majority of his stuff was people jizzing over his assists, which 80% were from deadballs

He’s an Icelandic Charlie Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back