Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wondering if he just can't cut it in a team he isn't the best player, like he was at Swansea.

Everything went through at him at Swansea but he isn't dictating the game for you at all. He did the same when he signed for Spurs. Couldn't fit into their team and re-signed for Swansea, who basically built the team around him.

Some players just got into a certain style of play and when they're not the 'main man' in a new team they look lost. I'm just wondering if Everton is too big a step-up? He also shines when playing for Iceland, as he's by far their best player with no real competition.

I must admit, I was convinced he'd be a key player for you after his ridiculous amount of assists in a pretty poor Swansea side. He controlled the tempo, he was bossing the game and looked a threat every time he got within 30 yards of the goal.

45m - He's done nothing to justify that yet.

Still time to turn it around but for all that cash you'd expect genuine quality and for him to he settled in before now.

From an outsider he looks like he isn't sure where to play, or what his role is in the team? Not sure if that's Koeman's fault or his.
That actually made me laugh out load.

Not much more needs to be said. Without the signing of a striker who knows the league and can hold the ball to feet, Sigurdsson for the price was suicidal.

He honestly isn't a bad player though - but he's a bad player in this set-up and that's evident to all.

So you're telling me we spend £45m on a player but then need to spend another £25-£30m on a big striker so he can perform? That seems very silly.

It's quite a simple concept really. Your creative midfielders need an out ball, if not they become passengers.

Not defending Glyfi's performances by the way. He's been horrid.

So you're telling me we spend £45m on a player but then need to spend another £25-£30m on a big striker so he can perform? That seems very silly.

Not silly at all, no idea why this is confusing you.... We have NO striker...

Sigurdson absolutely needs to be doing more, but without a target up front to play off or play to, he's gonna find it really difficult to influence games..... Our board have scored a massive own goal this summer by not finding someone to replace Lukaku.... Not sure the next manager will fair alot better unless he can find a striker in January

It's amazing how stats backed up the fact that without set pieces he created less than Kev from open play who hardly gets a game but people genuinely dismissed it cos of his record.

Said it before will say it again, paid 45 million for a guy whose basically the icelandic Bilyaletdinov

Not much more needs to be said. Without the signing of a striker who knows the league and can hold the ball to feet, Sigurdsson for the price was suicidal.

He honestly isn't a bad player though - but he's a bad player in this set-up and that's evident to all.

thats the crux of it,he plays well for iceland where the use him correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back