Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that photo supposed to prove anything. Because I’m really sure that the atmosphere, speed and intensity of that game is anything like a Merseyside Derby

Rooney as score 4 in 9 and is always looking for the ball, the same as Davies, Vlasic and bit part appearances by Kev and Lookman. Just trying something a bit different to change the focus of a game.

He’s hid, literally shone away from anything. No going looking for the ball, no picking it up and trying to run with it, no deep runs to pull defenders out of position. Should stood there and waited for a deadball playing the easy pass.

Like I said, he’s a coward that cost the best part of £45m
Aye, World Cups and Euro's are known for no atmosphere and intensity whatsoever. And Rooney has been good has he? I'd prefer he plays smarter and actually doesn't lose the ball, doesn't kick his own feet, and so on, but you know, horses for courses at this point.

Also talk about stats, "saw him in one game vs Burnley". You could've said Lukaku is turbocrap when he didn't score and had absolutely shambolic games against lower tier opposition in all the seasons he was here, but was he? You're basing an opinion on a non-existant sample size.

Vault me when he inevitably gets better when we have a new manager in and not 67 attacking mids.

I have faith in Gylffi. Bad run of form, coming into a side that wouldn't beat Tranmere right now, after playing one half of a friendly all summer. He will come good for us.

They lad hadn't played for months when we first signed him and now he's being played out of position by a manager who can't seem to get anything right at the moment.

He will come good eventually, that's if the abusive fans don't force him out first like they did Stones.
I keep seeing this but I can't for the life of me see what difference it should make to his performances now.

He played for Iceland on June 11th, completed a full pre-season training programme, including one run out on July 12th, and then played his first game for us on 21 August. Six days later, by the end of the Chelsea game, he had completed 225 minutes in a blue shirt, which wouldn't be far off what you would expect a player to do in pre-season. All cobwebs should have been well and truly blown away by that point. Since then he's played 9 games for us and 4 for his country - if he's not match fit now he needs to have a serious look at himself and decide whether the life of a professional athlete is right for him.

Haven't watched much of him until he joined us or at least haven't taken much notice of him, but if you are the key player in keeping a crap team from relegation, surely it suggests the opposite?

I don't see much point in over-analyzing the new players/young players too much at the moment as it is a complete mess.

Snodgrass and Charlie Adam to name a few almost did the same, they carried a side.

They move on to bigger clubs and fail because they've not built a side around them and their failings are amplified.

But the problem with Siggurdson has always been his effectiveness in open play. He cost a lot of money, and is he really a player to go to the next level?

The answers no.

Aye, World Cups and Euro's are known for no atmosphere and intensity whatsoever. And Rooney has been good has he? I'd prefer he plays smarter and actually doesn't lose the ball, doesn't kick his own feet, and so on, but you know, horses for courses at this point.

Also talk about stats, "saw him in one game vs Burnley". You could've said Lukaku is turbocrap when he didn't score and had absolutely shambolic games against lower tier opposition in all the seasons he was here, but was he? You're basing an opinion on a non-existant sample size.

Vault me when he inevitably gets better when we have a new manager in and not 67 attacking mids.

I’m sure the euros really have the same atmosphere as a derby, I can see all those international fans leaning over the barriers hurling abuse with pure rage in their face when Gylfi takes a corner. Yes, exactly the same.

And the Burnley game was an example of how he hid during an important game, I’ve seen him a lot more than once. It’s a prime example of a so called talented player refusing to take control of a game that potentially could have seen his side relegated. That’s when players show their worry.

And lastly, so it’s not his fault because we have a load of attacking mids?? Like yesterday you mean? He was the only one on the pitch or was Rooney in his way?

At least we know that Gylfi m shouldn’t try and impose himself on the game, try and dictate the pace and tempo, pull defenders out of position?? We need to wait until he’s the only option on the pitch and then we’ll see the real king

Is that photo supposed to prove anything. Because I’m really sure that the atmosphere, speed and intensity of that game is anything like a Merseyside Derby

Rooney as score 4 in 9 and is always looking for the ball, the same as Davies, Vlasic and bit part appearances by Kev and Lookman. Just trying something a bit different to change the focus of a game.

He’s hid, literally shone away from anything. No going looking for the ball, no picking it up and trying to run with it, no deep runs to pull defenders out of position. Should stood there and waited for a deadball playing the easy pass.

I agree I think he's a spineless turd. What a waste of £45m, another terrible buy, £70m for him and Klaassen ffs.

I keep seeing this but I can't for the life of me see what difference it should make to his performances now.

He played for Iceland on June 11th, completed a full pre-season training programme, including one run out on July 12th, and then played his first game for us on 21 August. Six days later, by the end of the Chelsea game, he had completed 225 minutes in a blue shirt, which wouldn't be far off what you would expect a player to do in pre-season. All cobwebs should have been well and truly blown away by that point. Since then he's played 9 games for us and 4 for his country - if he's not match fit now he needs to have a serious look at himself and decide whether the life of a professional athlete is right for him.

And played really well for Iceland where his fitness levels haven't been a problem, only seems to be a problem playing for us.

Snodgrass and Charlie Adam to name a few almost did the same, they carried a side.

They move on to bigger clubs and fail because they've not built a side around them and their failings are amplified.

But the problem with Siggurdson has always been his effectiveness in open play. He cost a lot of money, and is he really a player to go to the next level?

The answers no.

Pretty much nothing we have done management/player wise looks to have been to take us to the next level.

Hopefully the next guy at least gets a decent contribution out of him. Again, I haven't actually watched a lot of him but I presume he is much better than what we have seen so far.

This lad was one the best players in the premiership last year ..... not his fault there usually 2 or 3 players trying to play in the same place as him !

I've said it before, yes he's been played out of position, but supposedly the lad is quality, and for me a 'quality' player should still be able to put in a performance whether they're played out of position or not, even show some glimpses of that quality, Sigurdsson hasn't.

Christopher!

You know quality. You're not a knee-jerker or a bed-wetter. You're a sound, capable poster of rational messages.

Right now, it's Monday morning, you're clearly deprived of caffeine and you're coming across like [insert one of numerous posters here].

Listen, we can move on but I expect more from you. Much, much more.

Christopher!

You know quality. You're not a knee-jerker or a bed-wetter. You're a sound, capable poster of rational messages.

Right now, it's Monday morning, you're clearly deprived of caffeine and you're coming across like [insert one of numerous posters here].

Listen, we can move on but I expect more from you. Much, much more.
Sigurdsson has let Chris's hero 'The Ronk" down badly. There will be no quarter given to our Icelandic friend. :coffee:

Sigurdsson has let Chris's hero 'The Ronk" down badly. There will be no quarter given to our Icelandic friend. :coffee:

I fear to ask David but do you believe our handsome Gylfi is a poor signing?

Or, like me, your Martinez-celebrating friend, do you believe that he needs time, confidence and some actual tactics to play in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back