Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure the euros really have the same atmosphere as a derby, I can see all those international fans leaning over the barriers hurling abuse with pure rage in their face when Gylfi takes a corner. Yes, exactly the same.

And the Burnley game was an example of how he hid during an important game, I’ve seen him a lot more than once. It’s a prime example of a so called talented player refusing to take control of a game that potentially could have seen his side relegated. That’s when players show their worry.

And lastly, so it’s not his fault because we have a load of attacking mids?? Like yesterday you mean? He was the only one on the pitch or was Rooney in his way?

At least we know that Gylfi m shouldn’t try and impose himself on the game, try and dictate the pace and tempo, pull defenders out of position?? We need to wait until he’s the only option on the pitch and then we’ll see the real king
Haha actual wow at the comment about the hurling abuse.

We hurl abuse at anything and everything, ourselves included, what's that supposed to prove? Also you think no one gives a rats arse and just sits there during WC/Euros? LOL

I fear to ask David but do you believe our handsome Gylfi is a poor signing?

Or, like me, your Martinez-celebrating friend, do you believe that he needs time, confidence and some actual tactics to play in?
I've always said he's a class player and petitioned for him to be signed up last January. I think we paid about £15M too much for him and at a time when his purchase made less sense. Butt he'll come good soon enough. He just needs a good manager.

Haha actual wow at the comment about the hurling abuse.

We hurl abuse at anything and everything, ourselves included, what's that supposed to prove? Also you think no one gives a rats arse and just sits there during WC/Euros? LOL

I was thinking the same myself mate.

You only have to look at some of the South American games and even some of the Italian games, to see that the players are prooer scared by what's going on in the stands.

Makes our lot look like pussycats.

It's the same the world over.

I've said it before, yes he's been played out of position, but supposedly the lad is quality, and for me a 'quality' player should still be able to put in a performance whether they're played out of position or not, even show some glimpses of that quality, Sigurdsson hasn't.

This. I don't care if he gets asked to play CB I'd expect him to put more effort in.

He's getting away with murder on the pitch at the minute, getting skinned by a defender on Sunday was embarassing.

I've always said he's a class player and petitioned for him to be signed up last January. I think we paid about £15M too much for him and at a time when his purchase made less sense. Butt he'll come good soon enough. He just needs a good manager.

And just as important being played in his right position.

The new manager is going to have to make a decision as to which of our many number 10's is going to be the first choice.

This possibly could mean one of them being sold - the Dutch Cleverley, although I suspect we'd take a big hit on the fee.

And just as important being played in his right position.

The new manager is going to have to make a decision as to which of our many number 10's is going to be the first choice.

This possibly could mean one of them being sold - the Dutch Cleverley, although I suspect we'd take a big hit on the fee.
New manager's first act is to get in touch with Ajax and tell them we want to retroactively insert a 4 month cooling off period into the Klaassen deal.

I've said it before, yes he's been played out of position, but supposedly the lad is quality, and for me a 'quality' player should still be able to put in a performance whether they're played out of position or not, even show some glimpses of that quality, Sigurdsson hasn't.
I take all comments on board but still would not write this lad of just yet ..

Christopher!

You know quality. You're not a knee-jerker or a bed-wetter. You're a sound, capable poster of rational messages.

Right now, it's Monday morning, you're clearly deprived of caffeine and you're coming across like [insert one of numerous posters here].

Listen, we can move on but I expect more from you. Much, much more.

Mk, I’m sorry but my level of fume towards this so called footballer will not end. ‘Tis what I witnessed at Swansea, with the odd cameo for good measure, but as a constant threat?? Nah, not for me.

He got hyped up as this playmaker extraordinaire when he was never in that bracket. He’s an effective set piece take and deliverer of a ball, but cutting defences open and stamping authority on a game (like Eriksen, Coutinho etc etc) not even close.

Mk, I’m sorry but my level of fume towards this so called footballer will not end. ‘Tis what I witnessed at Swansea, with the odd cameo for good measure, but as a constant threat?? Nah, not for me.

He got hyped up as this playmaker extraordinaire when he was never in that bracket. He’s an effective set piece take and deliverer of a ball, but cutting defences open and stamping authority on a game (like Eriksen, Coutinho etc etc) not even close.
You and I will take this up in a few months.
It doesn't change what I think of you but I am very disappointed Christopher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back