Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Rooney is literally getting in his way. Hasnt had the best of starts but has been a better player with better stats over the last 2 seasons. He needs to be given a run.

Unfortunately that’s were a lot of fans have been misled on arl Deadball Gylfi. He’s a coward who hides, but launches in a corner. He was never a great creator or dynamic midfielder, he’s just a stat driven, spineless Charlie Adam multi

Unfortunately that’s were a lot of fans have been misled on arl Deadball Gylfi. He’s a coward who hides, but launches in a corner. He was never a great creator or dynamic midfielder, he’s just a stat driven, spineless Charlie Adam multi

Dont agree with the coward who hides bit. Between him and Llorente are the reason Swansea stayed up. He needs a proper chance.

Dont agree with the coward who hides bit. Between him and Llorente are the reason Swansea stayed up. He needs a proper chance.

Llorente being the big grock on all the set pieces, he’s a cracking deliverer of a ball and that’s were it ends. Not once did he show any guile last season to control games, take them by the scruff of the neck and drag his team out of danger. He just through a corner in or hit a worldie

An Icelandic Charlie Adam who’ll be playing his trade at a different club within 18 months

Llorente being the big grock on all the set pieces, he’s a cracking deliverer of a ball and that’s were it ends. Not once did he show any guile last season to control games, take them by the scruff of the neck and drag his team out of danger. He just through a corner in or hit a worldie

An Icelandic Charlie Adam who’ll be playing his trade at a different club within 18 months
At a massive loss.

As a footballer he is very average in fact all he offers is set piece ability and nothing else. That therefore renders him virtually useless for more or less all of the game

Now even when and if he does get set pieces which aren’t always guaranteed in games, Everton as a club have ruined this one attribute by not signing a tall target man for his set pieces to actually be of any use!

It’s laughable really

Capture.webp

He's about the only difference maker we have in our attack so to not play him is insane.

Put Rooney up top, Gylfi behind him, put some active players around him - Mirallas, Lookman, Vlasic, even Lennon - play Keane in the back, and at least we've got a shot at being competitive.

I almost don't care about position at this point. DCL isn't EPL quality yet. Playing him at striker is just one completely pointless player on the field, he helps nothing. He's a target, so what.

But to not give Gylfi a run of games in the center of the pitch with some talent around him is ridiculous. Ridiculous.

He's about the only difference maker we have in our attack so to not play him is insane.

Put Rooney up top, Gylfi behind him, put some active players around him - Mirallas, Lookman, Vlasic, even Lennon - play Keane in the back, and at least we've got a shot at being competitive.

I almost don't care about position at this point. DCL isn't EPL quality yet. Playing him at striker is just one completely pointless player on the field, he helps nothing. He's a target, so what.

But to not give Gylfi a run of games in the center of the pitch with some talent around him is ridiculous. Ridiculous.

Been saying this from day one

Mirallas Sigurdsson Lookman/Vlasic

Rooney
Rooney told to hold the line and not to move from the striker position, not an inch. Pace around him and willing runners. This is the only way he can extend his career and be anything other than a failure at EFC. He can finish from inside and outside the box, that is where he can be useful. Our other striking options are absolutely pathetic, the worst I have seen in my 35 years supporting Everton.

Been saying this from day one

Mirallas Sigurdsson Lookman/Vlasic

Rooney
Rooney told to hold the line and not to move from the striker position, not an inch. Pace around him and willing runners. This is the only way he can extend his career and be anything other than a failure at EFC. He can finish from inside and outside the box, that is where he can be useful. Our other striking options are absolutely pathetic, the worst I have seen in my 35 years supporting Everton.

I'm not sure... he has zero pace and can't find a yard of space in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back