Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at Vardys goal on Sunday. Who was the only Everton player to read the danger and was actually bothered enough to sprint back towards our goal in an attempt to defend...while our out of position defenders and weak on the ball Davies were not bothered in the slightest.
That's right...Wayne Rooney.
And then some minutes later he lost the ball in the middle of the park to stop a promising attack (that happened several times).

He then proceeded to create a chance for them by passing back to Williams badly.

What's your point with this?

Good player with no confidence in a bad team that isn't set up for him. I would play him into form he pretty much single handedly kept Swansea up for a few seasons surrounded by pace and a big target man up front unfortunately......

Rooney has been good all season but unfortunately Everton haven't been and many decided in the summer it was a bad idea to bring him back and don't seem to be able to judge him on how well he has played, but just concentrate on how bad the side are.
Same for Siggy, some fans didn't want him for a combination of several things, one the fee and two he was taking want away Barkleys place. Unfortunately so far this season has has played like Barkley so is quite rightly being criticised but once the team are properly managed and play with a striker Siggy will justify his price tag, until then I guess he will just be like the rest of the side, ineffective

My problem with Rooney is not effort or application, but rather that he doesn't seem tot hold his position. That means that he's not where the others expect him to be and closes runs, leads to stray balls etc. I reckon he's probably trying to do it all himself, but that doesn't help anybody in the long run.

My problem with Rooney is not effort or application, but rather that he doesn't seem tot hold his position. That means that he's not where the others expect him to be and closes runs, leads to stray balls etc. I reckon he's probably trying to do it all himself, but that doesn't help anybody in the long run.

Rooney even makes the half time cuppas, then cleans the changing rooms after a game before going home !!

He's doing to much !

So you're Wayne Rooney, you spend the first 20 minutes staying in your position, watching Williams, Jags and Keane passing between themselves and Schneiderlin. These players aren't capable of being creative or are woefully out of form.
He can create. Proven.
So he drops back, takes the ball - telling that rabble named above that they are bells whilst he's at it, and then tries to play some passes.
As an Everton fan representing Everton, I cannot believe that some of you are advocating him standing there, not taking responsibility. Like every other player on the pitch.
"He gave the ball away loads though"
Didn't he have something like an 83% pass succession rate against Leicester? Created 2 good chances, one in particular for Lennon?
It's agenda from some of you. Pure and simple. You don't want him here because you think we are better than him. Because he left us. Because he wasn't good enough for Utd.
We are in the bottom 3.
We need some perspective and reality.
Wayne Rooney is our best player.

So you're Wayne Rooney, you spend the first 20 minutes staying in your position, watching Williams, Jags and Keane passing between themselves and Schneiderlin. These players aren't capable of being creative or are woefully out of form.
He can create. Proven.
So he drops back, takes the ball - telling that rabble named above that they are bells whilst he's at it, and then tries to play some passes.
As an Everton fan representing Everton, I cannot believe that some of you are advocating him standing there, not taking responsibility. Like every other player on the pitch.
Didn't he have something like an 83% pass succession rate against Leicester? Created 2 good chances, one in particular for Lennon?
It's agenda from some of you. Pure and simple. You don't want him here because you think we are better than him. Because he left us. Because he wasn't good enough for Utd.
We are in the bottom 3.

I don't really agree, but I do with one thing. At least Rooney is trying to take responsibility - Gylfi, on the other hand, has been a complete coward on the field thus far.

I don't really agree, but I do with one thing. At least Rooney is trying to take responsibility - Gylfi, on the other hand, has been a complete coward on the field thus far.
Can't understand it myself. If Sig' took some responsibility and picked up, would Rooney keep dropping deeper? I genuinely don't think so, certainly nowhere near as much.
Needs a rocket does Sig.

He can create. Proven.
We are in the bottom 3.

Far to sensible and balanced, what are you thinking, get in the bin

Anybody who is watching these games can see how painfully obvious it is how bad Rooney is. He is so slow, he passes back every time he gets it, he slows down attacks, he speeds up opponents attacks by bad giveaways.

The problem right now is Siggurdson has yet to be played in his best position, in behind the attackers. Bench Rooney, play Siggurdson there and lets see if theres a result.

At some point you cant keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. We have been very bad offensively for some time, and Rooney plays every game. Its not rocket science to figure the two are probably related. If you play Siggurdson in behind with a pacy winger he can pass it to, things might open up a little bit.

And then some minutes later he lost the ball in the middle of the park to stop a promising attack (that happened several times).

He then proceeded to create a chance for them by passing back to Williams badly.

What's your point with this?
he also created two good chances, one of them an utterly sublime ball that no one else is capable of apart from ross, he also doesn't look scared to get on the ball, unlike a guy who cost us 45mill and plays attacking mid, but wont get on the ball., that's unforgivable, but wayne is clearly the easy target here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back