Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
he also created two good chances, one of that an utterly sublime ball that no one else is capable of apart from ross, he also doesn't look scared to get on the ball, unlike a guy who cost us 45mill and plays attacking mid, but wont get on the ball., that's unforgivable, but wayne is clearly the easy target here
Not even the easy target, and I don't believe that "no one else is capable of" nonsense.

For his one good pass (that didn't come off so it matters as much as Bolasie's crosses that Ross literally couldn't tap in 5 times last season and it's gash for Yala apparently?!) we sacrifice someone who can't do anything else to that level, so if he doesn't do it - he's a passenger. Remember Rooney being this amazing self you describe past the 45th minute? 30 min of the second half he looked lost, out of air and even misplaced simple passes. Yeah, the odd Hollywood sideways pass was there, but so what? That papers over an obvious crack.

And we won't know how good/bad Gylfi is if we don't actually let him start and play a game more than once this season. Still don't get the "hides from the ball" thing, absolutely no idea where it's coming from. Yeah he's not a fantastic dribbler, but he has other qualities and no one to play with to show them.

Last edited:
Are you joking? A guy who can whip in a mean cross, either direct or from a free kick, in the world of Allerdyce is a guaranteed starter as long as he can kick the ball! lol
I agree, not that I necessarily want Large Samuel, but I do think he'd know how to use Sigmund to his advantage.

Not even the easy target, and I don't believe that "no one else is capable of" nonsense.

For his one good pass (that didn't come off so it matters as much as Bolasie's crosses that Ross literally couldn't tap in 5 times last season and it's gash for Yala apparently?!) we sacrifice someone who can't do anything else to that level, so if he doesn't do it - he's a passenger. Remember Rooney being this amazing self you describe past the 45th minute? 30 min of the second half he looked lost, out of air and even misplaced simple passes. Yeah, the odd Hollywood sideways pass was there, but so what? That papers over an obvious crack.

And we won't know how good/bad Gylfi is if we don't actually let him start and play a game more than once this season. Still don't get the "hides from the ball" thing, absolutely no idea where it's coming from. Yeah he's not a fantastic dribbler, but he has other qualities and no one to play with to show them.

It comes from... him hiding from the ball.

As in he actively runs away from involvement. That's why he's been invisible every game, because he quite literally runs from involvement.

And not into space either. He runs away from any chance of receiving the ball.

the pass didn't come off????? he can't control lennon like he's on fifa, the pass hit it's target and it was a superb ball, to belittle that pass as not coming off suggests he will get no credit from yourself regardless of what he does, suggests an agenda, he was poor second half like everyone else, unfortunately for wayne, he is the one who gets blamed for others playing badly so he has no one to blame. I should hope gylfi would be the better long term option, Rooney at his age will not be the consistent force he was, but until gylfi grows a set and starts getting involved, he currently take so few touches a game it's scarcely believable for someone in that position, he will rightly come in for some criticism, and while wayne is contributing more and he is, and he also isn't hiding, I will give him more leeway.

I also notice a dig on Ross in there, so that's wayne and ross who are the targets of the vitriol here,no wonder the local lads want to jib us off

I think he's actually created the most goalscoring chances and made the most key passes of anyone in the team!

He has. Which is why I keep saying that we aren't seeing Gylfi out of form, this is it.

A player who barely touches the ball but who, when he does, will have a shot or try a cross. To be effective he needs passers, runners, movers and powerful forwards around him. Exactly what we lack and why we shouldn't have gone near him as a signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back