Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Rooney is literally getting in his way. Hasnt had the best of starts but has been a better player with better stats over the last 2 seasons. He needs to be given a run.

This is why stats mean nothing. Unless we are buying the whole Swansea team the variables are too big.

his biggest attribute are his set pieces, corners/free kicks or general deliveries into the box ( not saying that's all he can do ) Swansea had llorente last season, big powerful boss in the air striker and them 2 were a match made in heaven

koeman and walsh were both clueless enough to not realise the type of striker needed to get the best out of gylfi, if we had a llorente type striker we'd be a in a different place now I reckon ( can see why they were going for Giroud )

but seen as he was signed last out of the 3 number 10's and we don't have that type ofstriker it makes him the most stupid signing we have probably ever made ( when you look at the money involved )

Not when Rooney is contractually obliged to play at least 70 min per game.

Look at Vardys goal on Sunday. Who was the only Everton player to read the danger and was actually bothered enough to sprint back towards our goal in an attempt to defend...while our out of position defenders and weak on the ball Davies were not bothered in the slightest.
That's right...Wayne Rooney.

Look at Vardys goal on Sunday. Who was the only Everton player to read the danger and was actually bothered enough to sprint back towards our goal in an attempt to defend...while our out of position defenders and weak on the ball Davies were not bothered in the slightest.

Lennon as well Steve

This is why stats mean nothing. Unless we are buying the whole Swansea team the variables are too big.

I don't know a single person involved in stats who thought Sigurdsson was a good buy.

The stats showed Sigurdsson's output was massively overrated.

Put it this way if Sigurdsson has 5 assists and Barkley 1 assist from freekicks then Sigurdsson obviously takes better set pieces? Well you'd have to look at how many freekicks they took each, if Sigurdsson was taking 10x the number of free kicks for 5x the number of assists Barkley might be twice as good. If one player has 10 assists and all were from passes to a teammate on the halfway line who then Maradona style slalom through the opposition then is he that good? Assist stats are meaningless without context but that context does exist and that context showed Sigurdsson would not be the player we needed.

I might have mentioned it myself once or twice as well.

Rooney has been good all season but unfortunately Everton haven't been and many decided in the summer it was a bad idea to bring him back and don't seem to be able to judge him on how well he has played, but just concentrate on how bad the side are.
Same for Siggy, some fans didn't want him for a combination of several things, one the fee and two he was taking want away Barkleys place. Unfortunately so far this season has has played like Barkley so is quite rightly being criticised but once the team are properly managed and play with a striker Siggy will justify his price tag, until then I guess he will just be like the rest of the side, ineffective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back