Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was playing behind the striker or even up front for most of it, and think about 5 of those goals were pens.

Swans played a 433 like we do. The whole point why Koeman bought him was on the back of that with him starting on the wing, able to come inside.

Problem was they spent most of the time defending (hence the distance covered). If they felt adventurous he'd stick up top with Lorrente.

There's no question his best position is a number 10, but to say he's incapable of playing wide of a front 3 isn't true. Additionally that's the reason why we bought him as he was seen as an upgrade to Barkley - goals, assists, work rate.

However, what Koeman failed to address is how ineffective he is in open play and relies too heavily on the players around him.

Just watch Barkley's videos of last season or the season before on youtube and tell us when Gylfi did 1/10 of the stuff he did ? Go ahead and compare it to any other midfielder playing for us this season.
I agree, but at least the Sig wants to play for us. . Albeit very badly. That rats silence is deafening.

What is the obsession with people saying he has to play number ten. Genuinely who plays a number 10 in this league how many teams.

The teams that do have number tens invariably in big games move them
Wide anyway, opponents pack the midfield the creative player is moved wide to increase the chances of finding space to create.

Our problem is not & never has been the player we trust to create it's that we have A PLAYER that we trust to create.

He will go down in the club’s history as the biggest waste of money ever.

We will never recoup even half what we paid.

I’m actually struggling to think of a bigger waste of money in football, full stop.

He will go down in the club’s history as the biggest waste of money ever.

We will never recoup even half what we paid.

I’m actually struggling to think of a bigger waste of money in football, full stop.

Place him alongside Carroll and Torres at this point certainly. Hopefully things can turn around for him when the team is sorted out.

I still think he has potential to play as an inside left if we've got a flying winger on the right. That would be a good balance. All this nonsense about him 'needing' to play number 10 are just excuses for his poor performances.

I agree, but at least the Sig wants to play for us. . Albeit very badly. That rats silence is deafening.
We will soon get to know what happenned between Ross and Koeman , maybe the lad still wants to play at Everton now. Who knows mate !? Gylfi wasn't his replacement in terms of quality anyways. It's gonna be a long tough season with lot's of drama. That's the only thing we can get for granted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back