Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He couldn't trap a bag of cement and had two chances and failed to make contact with the ball both times.

You can't make it up Mike, 45m paid to then put him into the team in a position where even before a ball had been kicked his face was like "wtf am I doing here".

He plays behind a striker or he doesn't play at all. Weird how 40 odd thousand Everton fans see this yet 2 managers seem to think otherwise.

You can't make it up Mike, 45m paid to then put him into the team in a position where even before a ball had been kicked his face was like "wtf am I doing here".

He plays behind a striker or he doesn't play at all. Weird how 40 odd thousand Everton fans see this yet 2 managers seem to think otherwise.

The frightening thing is, I actually don't even see what qualities he can offer us playing behind a striker. Can he pick a pass? Nah, or at least I've yet to see any evidence of that so far. For all Rooney's limitations, and he has many, at least he tries to and does split the defence with a through ball occasionally.

The frightening thing is, I actually don't even see what qualities he can offer us playing behind a striker. Can he pick a pass? Nah, or at least I've yet to see any evidence of that so far. For all Rooney's limitations, and he has many, at least he tries to and does split the defence with a through ball occasionally.

Yep, let's be honest, Gylfi has been abysmal, like Mark Pembridge levels of abysmal. The buzz when he scored that beauty as well against Split, seems like years ago.

We wouldn't get 10m currently for him.

He needs to be given a consistent run in his No.10 position before we can make a proper judgement.

Being played on the left wing by Koeman was idiotic. Tottenham did it years back and acknowledged their mistake and what do we do? The exact same thing. Now Unsworth continuing the stupid trend by playing him as a striker tonight.

Really like this lad and gutted it isn’t working out for him and us but it’s certainly not down to just one factor

Team knows we haven’t got anything at the front so are already on edge to concede as they know it’s game over once we do...

Really just want to go back to early summer I cannot believe the optimism I had!

He needs to be given a consistent run in his No.10 position before we can make a proper judgement.

Being played on the left wing by Koeman was idiotic. Tottenham did it years back and acknowledged their mistake and what do we do? The exact same thing. Now Unsworth continuing the stupid trend by playing him as a striker tonight.

Got 11 goals and 13 assists from that position for Swansea last season.

40m+ for Gylfi was the crappest financial move of global football ! It was a kopite-philosophy buy , like LFC bought Andy Carrol for [Poor language removed] 35 m , What the fook ? Why do our transfer planning look like the worst lfc bullcrap ? We should progress as a club and yet some people want to copy lfc crap ! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back