Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the reaction that he stinks, rather than he's playing as a true 9? The outrage should be at Unsworth. He's not a 9. It's absurd. Even worse, you ask him to take the free kicks, and not only is there no target, but you've literally pulled back your 9 to take the free kick. It's absurd.

It'd be one think if he was being played as a false 9 and pushing Lennon and Lookman up the pitch. But that's absolutely not what happened.

In the first half, you could see what he could do when he sprung Lookman with a quite one touch pass. It was high quality for certain. He'd be his old self with runners in front and to the side of him and receiving passes from our DCMs. But instead he played as a target man. It's insane.

He cant make contact with the ball when presented with a good chance. Very very poor dont know whats happened to this guy he is utter .......

getting on my nerves now this fella, looks to be just going through the motions , stupid half hearted tackles and fouls and that's it getting shown up by the young kids he should be guiding through the games.

I can't believe he is twice as good as Messi... Messi must be really [Poor language removed].

No wonder Ronaldo fumed when he didn't win player of the year 2 years ago. I'd be embarrassed as well.

Can we have the poster back now that thought he was better than Messi?

What a legend :p Cheered me up reading that for a laugh

upload_2017-11-3_13-4-10.webp

How is the reaction that he stinks, rather than he's playing as a true 9? The outrage should be at Unsworth. He's not a 9. It's absurd. Even worse, you ask him to take the free kicks, and not only is there no target, but you've literally pulled back your 9 to take the free kick. It's absurd.

It'd be one think if he was being played as a false 9 and pushing Lennon and Lookman up the pitch. But that's absolutely not what happened.

In the first half, you could see what he could do when he sprung Lookman with a quite one touch pass. It was high quality for certain. He'd be his old self with runners in front and to the side of him and receiving passes from our DCMs. But instead he played as a target man. It's insane.

Spot on, he's not on form but the team hasn't been set up for him

What people don't/didn't realise is that he's an average midfielder that, when he has a target, is an excellent set piece taker. Are people really surprised that when you take away his free kicks, we're left with what we're seeing?

He needs pace around him and a target man. I've seen him boss games for Swansea for seasons, so it's the entire team malfunctioning not just him.

He needs pace around him and a target man. I've seen him boss games for Swansea for seasons, so it's the entire team malfunctioning not just him.

This is the point entirely. He's not there to hold the ball up, he's there to lay off passes with the other midfielders and to pick out runners. Unfortunately, he was so isolated tonight he was forced to try and hold the ball up when it was sent forward to him - with nobody else around. As for runners, again there were none. The team is not playing to any of his strengths, which is highlighting his weaknesses. Needs pace and movement around him. Still think he'll come good once we start to sort out the mess the team is in.

He doesn’t need a target man, but certainly needs pace and movement around him like any other playmaker.

He was fine tonight. First touch was great, free kicks were outstanding.

His surrounding cast is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back