Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
as in, if Gylfi is meant to be threading throughballs behind a defence, it's kind of hard when Rooney is playing striker as he doesn't make runs in behind...

We've looked at our best this season when Wayne hasn't played.

Rooney has created more chances than anyone in the side.

If anyone needs a striker to feed, it's him.

He needs to be played with players who have pace.

Put him in the middle with Lookman and Vlasic either side.
This would be his only and last resort to start stepping up. Its not working out for him as it is. He's not fleet of foot but must surely have a football brain for £45m! So in the middle behind the striker with runners either side is his only hope. Massive disappointment thus far.

Rooney has created more chances than anyone in the side.

If anyone needs a striker to feed, it's him.

Actually, I think statistically speaking, Gylfi has created the most chances.

I have no issues with Rooney playing as a 10 but if he does he needs to stay in and around the box.

Against Leicester he dropped way too deep. It stagnates our play.

This would be his only and last resort to start stepping up. Its not working out for him as it is. He's not fleet of foot but must surely have a football brain for £45m! So in the middle behind the striker with runners either side is his only hope. Massive disappointment thus far.

He played well yesterday I thought.

His delivery from set-pieces is second-to-none as well. He put 4 or 5 superb crosses in yesterday.

Yes, he's not lived up to his (£40m) price so far, but Keane hasn't lived up to his and Rooney hasn't lived up to his massive wage packet.

he has to be better than this, zero contribution again.

He set up our equaliser mate did he not?

Or was it Baines...

Either way, I think Gylfi had a decent game. He's a 10 though. Why we play him anywhere but his correct position baffles me.

He got a chance to score while playing as a 10. Should have done better, but he knows where to be to get a sniff of goal when playing that position.

His delivery from set-pieces is second-to-none as well. He put 4 or 5 superb crosses in yesterday.

Yes, he's not lived up to his (£40m) price so far, but Keane hasn't lived up to his and Rooney hasn't lived up to his massive wage packet.

If that's him playing well then Christ, we really have bought a lemon for £45m.

Of the three behind the striker (Davies Rooney and Sig) he was probably the better of the three. But thats not saying much really. I recall him sending one or two great crosses in. But I'll defer to you if your saying 4 or 5. Not wishing to split hairs. But, he's not got going yet which you've intimated yourself. Yes, not the only one. But when speaking about him in isolation on the whole he's been very disappointing so far. Can still turn it round hopefully.

Your standards are evidently somewhat below mine when it comes to judging a player's performance. He was a 6 out of 10 at best yesterday, and I think i'm being kind there.

Your standards are evidently somewhat below mine when it comes to judging a player's performance. He was a 6 out of 10 at best yesterday, and I think i'm being kind there.

Well, it was an improvement on what went before, I think.

Nobody was brilliant.

Tom Davies has been abysmal this season. So has Keane since his form dropped off a cliff in late August.

So has Rooney.

Only players with any credit so far for me are DCL and Niasse.

But I think Gylfi should feature in our strongest XI. Playing in his correct role, with players around him who actually make forward runs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back