Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just don't really need him.

Nearly 50 million that could've been put towards a striker or a really good winger.

I'll probably get laughed at, but I'm sure Wilfried Zaha could've been prized away from Palace for less than that amount. He'd make much more of a difference.

£70m for him and Klaassen could have bought us a boss striker and centre half, imagine how much better we could be having spent the same amount.

I looked at his whole career.

He isn't playing badly for us. He is playing exactly as he always has.

High shot/cross volume from very low touches of the ball.

Sometimes it comes off (like last season) and 3 years ago. Other times it doesn't like the season before last.

It is those who think (1) he is a creative playmaker (2) this is bad form and he will click once jupiter aligns with mars and he gets to play in the 30cm2 area of the pitch that is his "position", who will be disappointed.

We can certainly help him by surrounding him with passers and runners but that again begs the question as to why we signed him given we don't have them.
Because Koeman wanted to "productive" attacking midfielders and bought a load based on stats because he was too busy golfing.

I know that's a bit flippant but that's how it looks.

£70m for him and Klaassen could have bought us a boss striker and centre half, imagine how much better we could be having spent the same amount.

I know Koeman gets the blame and rightly so but Walsh really should have stopped this happening.

Walsh really is lucky to still be in a job in my eyes. I am hoping there is a serious review of what he is doing, what the hell happened in that Italy Visit? just on his jollies? whopper - sorry will take that to the other thread!

I think there is still a player in Klaassen somewhere - Gylfi I am just struggling to see what he offers to this side and how he fits in.

Why mate?

We haven't even played in the last week for people to moan about us.

We're pretty crap. I just can't be arsed whinging about it.

It's not just down to the players we signed. None of the squad have been playing particularly well.

Hopefully the Watford win has given the squad a bit of belief and confidence and we can start to find a system and way of playing that works for them all.

Walsh really is lucky to still be in a job in my eyes. I am hoping there is a serious review of what he is doing, what the hell happened in that Italy Visit? just on his jollies? whopper - sorry will take that to the other thread!

I think there is still a player in Klaassen somewhere - Gylfi I am just struggling to see what he offers to this side and how he fits in.

Because Koeman thought having Rooney and Vlasic would be fine. Giroud would've just been a long ball option.

These are his words.

I honestly don't think he had a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back