Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The player of the year is your point, its completely irrelavent to me and wasn't part of my post, my point was it was an unfair comparison due to Sigurddsson playing 11 games for us and that Arteta wasnt the player he became within his first similar games at the club does the comparison was unfair. Likely for both a settling in period was required, new team mates, systems etc, Mikel came into a team a successful team less so Sigurdson he also had a stable managerial set up in place. But Arteta did not come into the team and set the world alight by any means, in fact it took him a couple of seasons to hit the player he became i think his stats would back that up the longer he was here the better and more productive he became. A good player when he came, yes could you see his brilliant technique without question, could you see the potential - a mile of, but he came with many rough edges.

I agree mate i dont accept that Sigurdson and Arteta are similar type of players at all, in fact i think they are quite different in their style of play and approach to the game. Its like saying that David Silva and KDB are similar players in their game.

Sigurrdson is not beyond cituiqe, of course he could do better, but i do feel you have to look at the context of the set he is coming into as well i think the Arteta comparison is unfair. He needs patience and time to adjust and he needs key personal around him i.e. a center forward, he also needs stability in a managerial set up.
it's also an unfair comparison as arteta is about give or take... 5 million times more talented

Last edited:
This video of his performance is hilarious! But I think it demonstrates he did OK, created a lot of chances which should have been buried and then we would be raving about him right now.

Think he is doing alright to at least be heading in the right direction amongst all the dirge

That was amazing

This video of his performance is hilarious! But I think it demonstrates he did OK, created a lot of chances which should have been buried and then we would be raving about him right now.

Think he is doing alright to at least be heading in the right direction amongst all the dirge

DCL should have buried both chances that he had.. :whip::whip:

Some of us mentioned that in the summer. Were told Salah had flopped at Chelsea and was useless whilst Sig was PL proven and therefore would slot straight in.
I hate this PL proven nonsense. Loads of players and managers rip the place up straight from another league, it's lazy journalism/punditry/commentary/brexitry!

Arteta is retired blud, no way gilfi becomes s better footballer at 28 than mikel

Like I said it’s like comparing David Silva and KDB.

Sigurrdson will be a success here without question, in term of bottom line I think he will average more goals and assists then Mikel, he would want to get his finger out I know,

Like I said it’s like comparing David Silva and KDB.

Sigurrdson will be a success here without question, in term of bottom line I think he will average more goals and assists then Mikel, he would want to get his finger out I know,
if he has taught us anything, it's that we should beyond the stats, he should get more goals than mikel, who was more xabi alonso than david silva, but more influence, I'm afraid not

if he has taught us anything, it's that we should beyond the stats, he should get more goals than mikel, who was more xabi alonso than david silva, but more influence, I'm afraid not

Fair point, I think Aretha played so many positiions from 7, 10, 8 you could compare his style to many, it’s a win win for me, two brilliant players in my opinion and both played for Everton.

I can see it being a debate in the future and stats etc rolled out, thinking of it it’s actually a pretty pointless debate

More difficult than the second? Sure. That's not saying much. Decent striker buries both. DCL just isn't there, yet. Maybe he'll get there.
Just meant it more so as there looks to be a lot of bodies around him for the first. Not too many areas to squeeze off a shot on goal. But yes you are correct

Just meant it more so as there looks to be a lot of bodies around him for the first. Not too many areas to squeeze off a shot on goal. But yes you are correct
Fair, but he did get the shot on goal. Honestly, his positioning wasn't good. His movement is just fairly unsophisticated at this point. He could be a good player eventually, but he's shown he's not going to be the player to get on the end of Siggy or anyone else's deliveries in any sort of consistent manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back