2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two central players, meaning we have to play one on the wing.

It will be great for who? Koeman tested this theory already ffs

Ross is better in a free role on the right in my book.

That's where he played his best stuff for us from January onwards.

The one time he moved back to the centre was against Chelsea, and he was utter garbage.

That being said, it helped that we had a decent striker as well.

Ross is better in a free role on the right in my book.

That's where he played his best stuff for us from January onwards.

The one time he moved back to the centre was against Chelsea, and he was utter garbage.

That being said, it helped that we had a decent striker as well.
At the time he also said he wanted to be a striker too, didn't he?

Why the hell not, got nothing to lose. I mean he's never playing for us ever again but still.

At the time he also said he wanted to be a striker too, didn't he?

Why the hell not, got nothing to lose. I mean he's never playing for us ever again but still.

Nah he didn't. That was some years ago.

Ross isn't a striker. He's a playmaker - but that doesn't mean he has to be central.

For me, when he starts central, he gets bogged down and marked up by two-three players every time he has the ball.

When he drifts from out to in, he picks up more space.

But yeh, probably a moot point, as you said.

Ridiculous from Unsy, that.

There was no need to play Gylfi there.

For Kev's faults he at least has a bit of pace down that side.

As soon as Gylfi moved central he at least looked like a competent footballer.

Only one to be able to come out of yesterday with a modicum of respect - he tried to make things happen at least. The rest were all abysmal.

I really REALLY dont understand Unsworths set up and thinking, Kev has probs - but he works hard down the left.

Tbh mate, goal aside I thought Gylfi was poor yesterday - I put a lot of that down to the set up, but I still am not seeing enough from him in work rate or heart, he got bullied off the ball by lots of their players and some of the touches he made I wouldn't expect from my little ones under 13's team.

Moved central you could see there is still a bit of a player in there, but thats it.

But he scored, so I will immediately rate him more then any of the other shithouses.

I really REALLY dont understand Unsworths set up and thinking, Kev has probs - but he works hard down the left.

Tbh mate, goal aside I thought Gylfi was poor yesterday - I put a lot of that down to the set up, but I still am not seeing enough from him in work rate or heart, he got bullied off the ball by lots of their players and some of the touches he made I wouldn't expect from my little ones under 13's team.

Moved central you could see there is still a bit of a player in there, but thats it.

But he scored, so I will immediately rate him more then any of the other shithouses.

Agree with this. He’s badly underperforming but others are much worse. If you pay £45 million for someone you build a team round them, you don’t stick them out of position

Criticising individuals is pointless at this current time. The entire squad is shot to pieces. Messi and Ronaldo would struggle to shine in this team. The sooner the mess in the boardroom is sorted, the better.

...he’s been a huge disappointment but I was a bit more encouraged yesterday. The goal was terrific, especially the spin to make space. If he plays he has to play in that area of the pitch where he’s most effective. He’ll score goals.

The Sigurdsson player I see for everton is the same I saw for Swansea and Spurs, he has never stood out in any of the games I ever seen him play in. I was hoping I had missed something but so far it seems not.
Saying that, why we played a no 10 on the left wing and a left winger at No 10 just beggars belief.

I stand by that Gylfi is a good player.

He showed what he can do yesterday.

He hasn't done it enough.

Ideally Gylfi and Ross in the same team would be great.
Yep. Ross would complement Gylfi well,I think, holding the ball. Keeping possession while Sigurdsson can get into more dangerous areas in the middle of the pitch. Get a better striker and our offense shouldn't be a problem with any sort of decent tactics.

But regardless, Gylfi ain't the problem.

The Sigurdsson player I see for everton is the same I saw for Swansea and Spurs, he has never stood out in any of the games I ever seen him play in. I was hoping I had missed something but so far it seems not.
Saying that, why we played a no 10 on the left wing and a left winger at No 10 just beggars belief.
How bout the Everton match last year? Or against England?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back