2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of his highlights from the match & this season.

People like pointing out the fact that he only created 25 chances in open play last season.

When I looked through his stats recently, I noticed that he created 7 chances in his first match against Burnley this season. 6 in open play.

O5BurUBaTNKd6G8P_4RW8A.png

Thus he created the equivalent of 24% of his total open play chances from last season in a single match for us against Burnley.

Only 9 players have created 10 or more chances in one match. Gylfi didn't even have a particularly good game & created 7.

2CSVkVaOTamwejMb_VZbyA.png

People like pointing out the fact that he only created 25 chances in open play last season.

When I looked through his stats recently, I noticed that he created 7 chances in his first match against Burnley this season. 6 in open play.

Thus he created the equivalent of 24% of his total open play chances from last season in a single match for us against Burnley.

Only 9 players have created 10 or more chances in one match. Gylfi didn't even have a particularly good game & created 7.

No ones arsed, he's bang average

And disappeared the 2nd half.

I'd like to see his special disappearing trick stats please

You’re a strange cat fella

My eyes are wide open mein fràndel and all I see is a coward of a footballer who goes hiding when we need him to take on responsibility

Nah. Definitely not.

The fact our fans boo when he gets subbed show people have finally caught on.

This obsession within our fans with running and effort, passion, headless sprinting, hoof and rush really drives me mad sometimes.

I'm certain we'll be in league 1 in 3 years from now, with Roberto Di Matteo as our gaffer, 12k attendances, and people will still be waiting for this mini-Scholes to appear in Sigurdsson saying it'll all be ok.
It's this acceptance of utter averageness that lead to Villa being where they are.

He's a football statisticians dream player, yet the eye shows a different picture.

Nah. Definitely not.

The fact our fans boo when he gets subbed show people have finally caught on.

This obsession within our fans with running and effort, passion, headless sprinting, hoof and rush really drives me mad sometimes.
Any excuse to boo fat man, and I agree with the bolded bit, but thats mainly all siggy offers though

He’s good for where we are in the table he ain’t pushing you to a top 4 finish they’re the facts. Deal with it, our Director of Failure has surpassed himself here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back