2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a player in the team agile and tricky enough to win us free kicks more often in a similar manner to how Pienaar/Arteta would.

Siggy has barely had a chance to shoot from free kicks.

Of course this would mean we have to be in and around the opposition box...

For £20 I can buy a really good meal.

Give me the same meal for £200 and I won't enjoy it because I'll always be thinking how expensive it was and how I could get something as good for a 10th of the price.

I mentioned Gross (who went to Brighton for about £5m) in the summer, he has 5 goals, 8 assists and is 2 years younger. He has his limitations too but quite why we had to spend that much I will never know.

It is the same with Gana.

Because he only cost £7 million people rate him a splendid acquisition.

But if he had cost £45 million he would be held to a much higher standard and the praise would not be so gushing.

The price is the problem with Iceland.

He was way over priced.......but he is now settling in and putting in some sterling performances.

You mean Ross “the rat” Barkley who actually tried to make things happen by constantly wanting the ball, picking it up and running at people.

The lad had his flaws, mostly confidence, but he actually went looking and tried to make things happen.

Mate Barkley hadn't ran at anyone in literally years . Newcastle away was a long time ago. He put no effort in and left us for money and that's all that drives him. He will be sold by Chelsea to make a profit and will end up somewhere crap.

Mate Barkley hadn't ran at anyone in literally years . Newcastle away was a long time ago. He put no effort in and left us for money and that's all that drives him. He will be sold by Chelsea to make a profit and will end up somewhere crap.

I agree that Barkley is an investment for Chelsea, he still offered more than Iceland. He had flaws in his game, and seemed to be massively hampered by confidence. But when he was on form he was great, and he constantly ran at people with the ball.

I was always against Iceland, i've never seen anything from him. I keep banging the same drum, but he goes missing for large portions of the game. He did at Swansea, but people were more focussed on his stats and now we have a player that may get an assist every 5 games whilst offereing nothing else. He should be dictating play, if things aren't going right in the game he just hides.

I agree that Barkley is an investment for Chelsea, he still offered more than Iceland. He had flaws in his game, and seemed to be massively hampered by confidence. But when he was on form he was great, and he constantly ran at people with the ball.

I was always against Iceland, i've never seen anything from him. I keep banging the same drum, but he goes missing for large portions of the game. He did at Swansea, but people were more focussed on his stats and now we have a player that may get an assist every 5 games whilst offereing nothing else. He should be dictating play, if things aren't going right in the game he just hides.

Barkley never ‘constantly’ did anything other than shirk challenges, and give the ball away in daft areas. There is a reason he’s bombing at Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back