2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played in the Premier League for best part of 10 years, during which time he's been a consistent performer. Normally up among the highest assists in the league but now that he's having a mediocre season with us, in I would add, a god awful team: he's rubbish. Ok....

My point for the last 6 months. It’s irrelevant if he’s doing nothing else except hiding. Exactly what he did at Swansea, but eh ho his stats look good.

And the good players normally stand out in poor teams and drag them through but he doesn’t, just like he didn’t at Swansea. Just because he launched a corner or a free kick every now and then means jack

Completely different player to Sigurdsson.

Looking at the stats Barkley dribbled 2-3 times more per game, touched the ball twice as much per game and gave the ball away 15% less (per touch).

Whether people miss Barkley as a player or not we certainly miss his skillset.

Yep.

But as said previously weve not replaced him.

To me he was as important as Lukaku's goals. But then again ..."we'd be in the same position without his goals" apparently.

My point for the last 6 months. It’s irrelevant if he’s doing nothing else except hiding. Exactly what he did at Swansea, but eh ho his stats look good.

And the good players normally stand out in poor teams and drag them through but he doesn’t, just like he didn’t at Swansea. Just because he launched a corner or a free kick every now and then means jack

Exactly. Juan Mata doesn't have the assists of Siggurdson for eg.

But I know who the majority would pick out of the two.

Yes I agree....why bother with any facts and statistics when we have a sole opinion to guide us.

He was easily Swansea's best player and it's frankly odd that you would discount goals and assists as 'jack'.

I didn't say it was a great achievement I brought it up to highlight the fact that you seem to suggest he spent his time at Swansea 'missing'. Swansea fans seem to think different. As, apparently did Leicester in the summer who reportedly also bid £40m.

Of course they wouldn’t, he provided assists that kept them up. He was a hero, the same way Duncan Ferguson was hero to us in 90’s without doing to much.

Looks like Leicester got off the hook then. Bizarre that no big clubs came him for him, not even from abroad, strange that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back