Okay.

de Bruyne: 7 goals, 14 assists.
Mahrez: 8 goals, 7 assists.
Eriksen: 7 goals, 7 assists.
Coutinho: 7 goals, 6 assists.
Silva: 6 goals, 8 assists.
Ozil: 4 goals, 7 assists.
Sigurdsson: 4 goals, 3 assists.

Gylfi didn't show up in the first 10 PL matches where we were playing our worst football this season.

So the fact that he has the same amount of goals as Ozil and only 3-4 less than KDB/Silva/Eriksen/Coutinho is actually quite impressive.

Let's take a closer look to the stats this season:

uN6qwlLHS3uol24nu5CHiA.png

• Sigurdsson - Passes per chance: 18,05. Passes per key pass: 19,69. Passes per assist: 216.
  • Ozil - Passes per chance: 22,12. Passes per key pass: 24,39. Passes per assist: 237.
  • Eriksen - Passes per chance: 22,86. Passes per key pass: 20,36. Passes per assist: 235.
  • Silva - Passes per chance: 22,98. Passes per key pass: 24,84. Passes per assist: 209.
  • Coutinho - Passes per chance: 16,80. Passes per key pass: 19,76. Passes per assist: 96.
Coutinho has more passes than Sigurdsson this season despite having only played 14 matches.
  • Ozil 1659 passes in 24 apps = 69 per app
  • Silva: 1888 passes in 23 apps = 61.5 per app
  • Eriksen: 1646 passes in 28 apps = 59 per app
  • Coutinho: 672 passes in 14 apps = 48 per app
  • Sigurdsson: 650 passes in 26 apps = 25 per app

Despite Gylfi only averaging 25 passes per match vs Silva's 61.5 per match, he still only has 4 less key pass & 12 less chances created. Playing for Everton, not recording breaking City.

If Gylfi had the same amount of passes as Silva's 1888, then he would be projected to have created 105 chances, 96 key passes & 9 assists.

Despite only having created 36 chances, he could very easily have 8 or 9 if it weren't for his wasteful team mates. *cough* DCL *cough*

Also, Lol @ all the fools who think I have ''way too much time on my hands'' for making a detailed, well articulated post.

You spend 10x more time than me here, if not more. I spend my time efficiently when I'm doing this, while you spend every day of your life here.

Now we know you're just trying to take the piss. :coffee:

Okay.

de Bruyne: 7 goals, 14 assists.
Mahrez: 8 goals, 7 assists.
Eriksen: 7 goals, 7 assists.
Coutinho: 7 goals, 6 assists.
Silva: 6 goals, 8 assists.
Ozil: 4 goals, 7 assists.
Sigurdsson: 4 goals, 3 assists.

Gylfi didn't show up in the first 10 PL matches where we were playing our worst football this season.

So the fact that he has the same amount of goals as Ozil and only 3-4 less than KDB/Silva/Eriksen/Coutinho is actually quite impressive.

Let's take a closer look to the stats this season:

uN6qwlLHS3uol24nu5CHiA.png

• Sigurdsson - Passes per chance: 18,05. Passes per key pass: 19,69. Passes per assist: 216.
  • Ozil - Passes per chance: 22,12. Passes per key pass: 24,39. Passes per assist: 237.
  • Eriksen - Passes per chance: 22,86. Passes per key pass: 20,36. Passes per assist: 235.
  • Silva - Passes per chance: 22,98. Passes per key pass: 24,84. Passes per assist: 209.
  • Coutinho - Passes per chance: 16,80. Passes per key pass: 19,76. Passes per assist: 96.
Coutinho has more passes than Sigurdsson this season despite having only played 14 matches.
  • Ozil 1659 passes in 24 apps = 69 per app
  • Silva: 1888 passes in 23 apps = 61.5 per app
  • Eriksen: 1646 passes in 28 apps = 59 per app
  • Coutinho: 672 passes in 14 apps = 48 per app
  • Sigurdsson: 650 passes in 26 apps = 25 per app

Despite Gylfi only averaging 25 passes per match vs Silva's 61.5 per match, he still only has 4 less key pass & 12 less chances created. Playing for Everton, not recording breaking City.

If Gylfi had the same amount of passes as Silva's 1888, then he would be projected to have created 105 chances, 96 key passes & 9 assists.

Despite only having created 36 chances, he could very easily have 8 or 9 if it weren't for his wasteful team mates. *cough* DCL *cough*

Also, Lol @ all the fools who think I have ''way too much time on my hands'' for making a detailed, well articulated post.

You spend 10x more time than me here, if not more. I spend my time efficiently when I'm doing this, while you spend every day of your life here.

RICKY STOP RIGHT NOW

Of course they wouldn’t, he provided assists that kept them up. He was a hero, the same way Duncan Ferguson was hero to us in 90’s without doing to much.

Looks like Leicester got off the hook then. Bizarre that no big clubs came him for him, not even from abroad, strange that
Everton bought him. We were chasing big clubs in the summer with our spending. His transfer fee was nothing to do with him, it was stubbornness by Everton.

And nobody is saying he's a world beater, but maybe, he doesn't have to be gash because of that.

Yes I agree....why bother with any facts and statistics when we have a sole opinion to guide us.

He was easily Swansea's best player and it's frankly odd that you would discount goals and assists as 'jack'.

It's funny how fans always see things differently (not saying you) Swansea fans say he played most of the time out on the left for them, but when he's gash out on the left for us it's because he's being played out of position.

You’re proving my point mert

Stats stats stats, yet the 90mins every game tell a different story

I love stats - which is why I didn't think he was suitable for us.

We needed a Barkley replacement. Someone to get involved in play making.

As you can see from the video, in the one season he got lots of open play assists it was from simple one touch passes on to pacey wide players and a strong striker.

We don't have a strong striker or pacey wingers. So why sign him?

It's funny how fans always see things differently (not saying you) Swansea fans say he played most of the time out on the left for them, but when he's gash out on the left for us it's because he's being played out of position.
It's opinions isn't it. It's what the forum is for. I think he's a quality player, albeit having a poor season. Never worth £45m but you pay a PL premium when teams don't want to sell.

I think dismissing him as 'gash' constantly is bizarre when he's definitely not a terrible player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back