2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't "hate" him by any stretch of the phrase but when you spend that money, you expect a clear and significant upgrade over the player you are replacing. He's not.

Is it his fault? Not really. But the flack he is getting is because he has been, largely, very average over the course of this entire season.

I agree that Barkley is an investment for Chelsea, he still offered more than Iceland. He had flaws in his game, and seemed to be massively hampered by confidence. But when he was on form he was great, and he constantly ran at people with the ball.

I was always against Iceland, i've never seen anything from him. I keep banging the same drum, but he goes missing for large portions of the game. He did at Swansea, but people were more focussed on his stats and now we have a player that may get an assist every 5 games whilst offereing nothing else. He should be dictating play, if things aren't going right in the game he just hides.

Siggy has scored goals and got assists and more than than Barkley would provide in this system. He goals have come out of nothing as he has had no service . And he has done this while offering infinatley more devensive protection than Barkley. Barkley was an aoustanding young player than didn't improve and kick on.

Siggy has scored goals and got assists and more than than Barkley would provide in this system. He goals have come out of nothing as he has had no service . And he has done this while offering infinatley more devensive protection than Barkley. Barkley was an aoustanding young player than didn't improve and kick on.

Iceland would have had more goals and assists than pienaar as well, but I know who I’d rather have in my team. A lot of Gylfis play is hidden by these goals and assists, he has these because he has a terrific ability to strike a football. But has an all rounder, I’m sorry but Barkley is head an shoulders above

I’m going all @RickyRyder now but the below shows who offers more, and as @kenada_blue says he was the link between defence and attack

1A5687CF-C243-4416-B4A0-B5D17A7C72AE.webp

Looking at his career before us he had played double the amount of games as a No 10 than he did on the left wing.

Yet we have played him as left winger in 17 games and a number 10 in 7.

His goal and assist stats are better when he plays behind the striker. And this is where he plays in nearly all his games for Iceland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back