2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh I was talking about the more specific category of blame of "Why did Gylfi play poorly?" rather than the more generic "Why did Everton play poorly?" analysis you have done here.

I don't think I've yet seen Pickford or Jagielka submitted as an excuse for why Gylfi was crap but this weekend could be the first.

Oh, if you mean who will take the blame for Gylfi being bad? Nailed on to be Wayne. Ian will instigate that, no doubt.

Always rubbish, never his fault.

A number 10 who can't knit the play together and act as a playmaker is essentially just a crap second striker.

Honestly though, who else that plays that position is so incredibly ineffective at influencing the match?

Talk of building a team around him scares the life of me and is just throwing good money after bad imo.

Ship him out and get a player for that position who can influence the match even when he doesn't score, that's what midfielders should be doing.

Bingo.

image.webp

I know...

We're stuck with him and are going to spend the next 3 years trying desperately to get value for money out of him without holding the team back having to set them up to get the best out of him because he doesn't bring the best out of others.

Then we'll flog him to West Brom for abar 10 million at 31.

Cheers Ronald lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back