2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iceland would have had more goals and assists than pienaar as well, but I know who I’d rather have in my team. A lot of Gylfis play is hidden by these goals and assists, he has these because he has a terrific ability to strike a football. But has an all rounder, I’m sorry but Barkley is head an shoulders above

I’m going all @RickyRyder now but the below shows who offers more, and as @kenada_blue says he was the link between defence and attack

View attachment 44715

How is Barkley head and shoulders above? Liability defensively , doesn't score many, doesn't set up many, can't take corners, crap at free kicks , doesn't head or challenge for the ball and come to think of it he could barley be arsed to break out of a jog. He can strike a ball from distance with both feet and he used to run with the ball nut doent any more . He has zero composure unlike siggy.

Iceland would have had more goals and assists than pienaar as well, but I know who I’d rather have in my team. A lot of Gylfis play is hidden by these goals and assists, he has these because he has a terrific ability to strike a football. But has an all rounder, I’m sorry but Barkley is head an shoulders above

I’m going all @RickyRyder now but the below shows who offers more, and as @kenada_blue says he was the link between defence and attack

View attachment 44715

Barkley averaged 45 passes per match, while Gylfi only averaged 26 passes per match.

612 more passes than Sigurdsson. That's 38% more passes with only 7 fewer chances? Hardly impressive.

Gylfi

Passes per goal: 111
Passes per assist: 76.5
Passes per chance: 13

Ross:

Passes per goal: 322
Passes per assist: 201
Passes per chance: 19

S_IHzzdDQKCOvoJDEui1fw.png

Also regarding their defensive stats, Gylfi has 73 tackles & interceptions this season in 27 matches.

Barkley had 40 tackles & interceptions in 36 matches last season. Gylfi is averaging 2.7 tackles/interceptions per match while Barkley only average 1.1

Todays game is a perfect example of Gylfi controlling & dominating the midfield, not only offensively but also winning possession.

He was MOTM despite not creating any of our goals. Not one of his best matches but still our best player.

Barkley averaged 45 passes per match, while Gylfi only averaged 26 passes per match.

612 more passes than Sigurdsson. That's 38% more passes with only 7 fewer chances? Hardly impressive.

Gylfi

Passes per goal: 111
Passes per assist: 76.5
Passes per chance: 13

Ross:

Passes per goal: 322
Passes per assist: 201
Passes per chance: 19

S_IHzzdDQKCOvoJDEui1fw.png

Also regarding their defensive stats, Gylfi has 73 tackles & interceptions this season in 27 matches.

Barkley had 40 tackles & interceptions in 36 matches last season. Gylfi is averaging 2.7 tackles/interceptions per match while Barkley only average 1.1

Todays game is a perfect example of Gylfi controlling & dominating the midfield, not only offensively but also winning possession.

He was MOTM despite not creating any of our goals. Not one of his best matches but still our best player.

I’m sorry mert but can you do your stats as 90 minute metrics seeing as Deadball Gylfi played far more minutes therefore not giving a true reflection

But eh, another invisible performance today. Good job for those stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back