2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is aburd. People either hate him (which is ridiculous) or are in love with him and think he is one of the best players in the league (which is ridiculous).

Here are some truths:

We overpaid
He has been good
We play better with him at 10
He works hard regardless of where he is
He has had some quiet games
He should get better next season as we should be better next season
He was probably man of the match today (or close to it)

All of those things can exist at once without people losing their minds.

This thread is aburd. People either hate him (which is ridiculous) or are in love with him and think he is one of the best players in the league (which is ridiculous).

Here are some truths:

We overpaid
He has been good
We play better with him at 10
He works hard regardless of where he is
He has had some quiet games
He should get better next season as we should be better next season
He was probably man of the match today (or close to it)

All of those things can exist at once without people losing their minds.

I honestly wonder why people get so arsed over fees. Going on a decade on this forum and it's the first stick to beat players with.

Rom was beaten to death with his fee. It's so weird to me. The market is what it is.

Barkley can't get a game at Chelsea, in fact he can't even get in the team or on the bench. maybe he is injured or something.

Sigurdsson is getting better and better for us, when we first signed him I thought he was garbage but recently he has shown fight and quality, he cannot defend but thats not we bought him for

I wonder if Barkley still believes he made the right move. The World Cup is gone for him now , just getting a game seems to be gone for him now.

If he had stayed at Everton and was playing in midfield yesterday with Southgate watching I wonder if things would be different.

In a difficult season with a big price tag around his neck I think Sigurdsson has done well. It surprises me how hard working he is for a creative player, he certainly covers all over the pitch. I think he will be even better next season.

I wonder if Barkley still believes he made the right move. The World Cup is gone for him now , just getting a game seems to be gone for him now.

If he had stayed at Everton and was playing in midfield yesterday with Southgate watching I wonder if things would be different.

In a difficult season with a big price tag around his neck I think Sigurdsson has done well. It surprises me how hard working he is for a creative player, he certainly covers all over the pitch. I think he will be even better next season.
£8m signing on fee says its agreat move for him

Barkley can't get a game at Chelsea, in fact he can't even get in the team or on the bench. maybe he is injured or something.

Sigurdsson is getting better and better for us, when we first signed him I thought he was garbage but recently he has shown fight and quality, he cannot defend but thats not we bought him for

Injured

Wouldn't get picked if he was even playing.

I'd like to see a midfield three of him, Rooney and gueye a bit deeper for Stoke. We're terrible away because we don't set up to win like we do at home, hardly rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back