2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't catch a break can we? Awful news if it's long term.. actually awful news in general really. :oops:

Wonder if Klaassen/Vlasic will be called on now?

Last edited:

What a terrible blow for both us and for Gylfi personally.

The person who said they don't care if he plays in he world cup or not really blows my mind.

He is from Iceland and Iceland made the world cup. Can you imagine the dreams he would have had of that since he was a boy. Thats our player and you don't care if he misses out on that? Not even a little bit?

I get that we are Everton first, but you still support our player has a human being surely.

Horrible news for him if true.
However, I have been at three different games(gaelic hurling and football) where players ruptured the acl ligament and none of them were able to continue.
I would be surprised if the injury is as serious as that given he finished the game.

Pure speculation but given he continued I suspect he's damaged the medial ligament. I reckon 6-8 wks out. It's a blow but our season is finished pretty much so hopefully he can be fit for the world cup

Knew there was something fishy about this weekend and no I'm not talking about Karren Brady. Was all going a bit too well, here have a dose of ligament damage.

Thank heavens we got the 3 points. I cannot image this squad without him in it. We could fold like a deck of cards.

Iceland, however, has a much bigger issue. He's their lynchpin. He's a major source of our scoring chances, but he's their most important player by a mile.

This season is a write off anyway.

Give him a rest and get him firing for next season. Chuck Klaassen in and try and rebuild his confidence or worth.

It will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back