2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

I ruptured my ACL and tore my meniscus last April and I've never felt pain like it, and ive previously carried on playing on a broken ankle. This laid me out and I couldn't move from the moment it happened, and I couldn't fully weight bear for 8 over months, including recovery from an operation.

I still can't fully straighten or bend my leg now, 11 months later, and I'm still undergoing physio and Hydrotherapy while waiting for a 2nd reconstruction operation.

The pain of the initial injury was incredible, and I couldn't move my leg for months after without severe pain. He didn't just see out a couple of minutes on Saturday, he was running about and walked off. I'd be very surprised if he has done that, unless it's a partial tear, which could heal itself with a few months rest and rehabilitation.

Kinda nicely sums up our luck though. I make that 5 players in the last 14 months who have suffered injuries that would keep them out for over 6 months.

And just as he was finally starting to look like a £20m player as well.
I've torn an ACL in both knees, the first one I could play on after about 5 minutes of excruciating pain because my leg muscles were big enough to retain stability in the knee. I played on it like that for about 3 months before I finally got a docs appointment, even then they weren't sure but as soon as I was knocked out for an arthroscopy to see what was going on (in the days before MRI scans) it was obvious the ACL had gone (because i was unconscious my leg muscles werent compensating)

So it is possible to play on with a torn ACL but the second time there was no way I could continue. Weird but true.

If it was really serious, like Bolaise serious, he wouldn't have been able to play on.

Surely the fact he was able to continue means it's not as bad as if he had to come off straight away?

He probably had a small tear and when he went to put on his loafers after the match he didn't realise one of the lads had super glued the soles to the floor, one good turn of the knee split it open like a coconut.

Figuring out who did it might be a bit difficult, there are about six No10's with a motive... :p

He's producing about as much as Leon Osman used to.

Just think about that lads.
In case anyone thinks I'm messing.

8Rup5qO.png

Let's see you defend that @RickyRyder

its a real shame for sigurdsson if hes out as we have started to see the best of him, chance for Klaasen to shine.

or since dowell isnt getting a game for forest anymore recall him!

I think that shows why he shouldn’t be recalled

he doesnt fit into the formation Karanka is using, warburton was playing him as a number 10 and they arent playing with number 10's at the moment. hes not very effective on the wing by all accounts though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back