2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Barkley still believes he made the right move. The World Cup is gone for him now , just getting a game seems to be gone for him now.

If he had stayed at Everton and was playing in midfield yesterday with Southgate watching I wonder if things would be different.

In a difficult season with a big price tag around his neck I think Sigurdsson has done well. It surprises me how hard working he is for a creative player, he certainly covers all over the pitch. I think he will be even better next season.

..I think Barkley is injured. I suspect he will be injured lots. We might have dodged a bullet not giving him a big new contract.

Has the Everton long term injury curse struck again ? I swear no other team to my knowledge gets so many long term injuries. Hope Gylfie recovers in time for his world cup he deserves it, been one of our best players this year after his slow start, due to his poor pre season.

Sheer class on the ball and in a period of good form lately.
It doesn't seem a great idea that he carried on playing on Saturday after the injury. Hope its an exaggerated report - remember he didn't get a pre-season last summer and we need him raring to go for next season. I wouldn't be disappointed if he had to miss the World Cup and instead got a proper pre-season with our new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back