Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Does that mean Howard is better than Lukaku as he has scored one from no shots whatsoever?

No but if Howard were averaging 40 shots a season it would be interesting. Just as a midfielder who scored 6 taking more shots than a striker who scored 24 is interesting.

It was the volume of shots that surprised me, you wouldn't expect a midfielder (even if played up front) to be taking more shots than Lukaku. He took more shots than all but 6 other players in the league for his 6 goals.
To be fair he was their whole team last year, he was the one making things happen for them

Why wouldn't you shoot loads if you're the only good player on the team.

Well given he was scoring at a rate of 5.5% perhaps he should have passed it a bit more. Taking loads of shots is easy, making good passes into better placed teammates is more difficult.

It was the volume of shots that surprised me, you wouldn't expect a midfielder (even if played up front) to be taking more shots than Lukaku. He took more shots than all but 6 other players in the league for his 6 goals.

Lukaku too lazy to shoot.

75th in the league last season for open play chance quality. Level with Gareth Barry and Gueye.

Takes a good free kick though....

This is a total misnomer. If you're playing with mutants without an ounce of talent or nous between them (bar Llorente), then they don't make good runs and thus you can't pass to them.

Same as me playing 5 a side, the higher standard of player I'm playing with the more creative I can be as there's a lot of intelligent passing and moving going on. If everyone is there like motionless lemons you can hardly create for them, so you try and do it all by yourself.

Gylfi suffered from this problem, and will be more creative for us from open play. That, and I just wanted an excuse to talk about how good I am at 5 a side.

This is a total misnomer. If you're playing with mutants without an ounce of talent or nous between them (bar Llorente), then they don't make good runs and thus you can't pass to them.

Same as me playing 5 a side, the higher standard of player I'm playing with the more creative I can be as there's a lot of intelligent passing and moving going on. If everyone is there like motionless lemons you can hardly create for them, so you try and do it all by yourself.

Gylfi suffered from this problem, and will be more creative for us from open play. That, and I just wanted an excuse to talk about how good I am at 5 a side.
Then why in the world will.he get more chances here we have the most static team I have ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back