Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
..possibly, but I think we should assume he’s going regardless of what happens to Koeman.
I'm not so sure.
Koeman going in the immediate future, coupled with a return to fitness for Ross and being given a run out by the new/caretaker boss, could see a change of heart by the lad.
That scenario played out many times at other clubs if you think about it.

I'm not so sure.
Koeman going in the immediate future, coupled with a return to fitness for Ross and being given a run out by the new/caretaker boss, could see a change of heart by the lad.

..that’s assuming it’s all about Koeman. Even if it is, it’s likely he’s passed the point of no return in him looking forward to a new future at Spurs. It’s all conjecture, but I still think it’s best to assume he’s gone.

He's not fit to lace barkleys boots
They're both second
I'm not so sure.
Whatever the future holds I personally don't want to see the snide coward back. He's made his decision so he can do one.

The first time we've actually been able to string passes together in the final third and create the opportunity for sitters was when Rooney wasn't on the pitch mert.

I disagree... Rooney finished one such move against City, before Koeman tried to shoehorn his record signing, who didn't have a preseason, into the side.

We should definitely be trying to build a side around our record signing in his preferred position over a 32 year old freebie has-been mate.

Maybe that should be the overall plan, but at the moment, we need results... Rooney has been one of better players. Sigurdsson most definitely has not. I know who I'd be picking in the short term, at least until Sigurdsson is up to speed.

Maybe that should be the overall plan, but at the moment, we need results... Rooney has been one of better players. Sigurdsson most definitely has not. I know who I'd be picking in the short term, at least until Sigurdsson is up to speed.

Rooney actually hasn't been one of our better players. Apart from 2 or 3 games right at the start of the season he's been every bit as muck as the rest of them, not that some people would ever admit that because of who he is.

Rooney actually hasn't been one of our better players. Apart from 2 or 3 games right at the start of the season he's been every bit as muck as the rest of them, not that certain people would ever admit that because of who he is.

Different opinions and all that I guess. He's offered a damn site more than Sigurdsson has, and the only people who can't see that are the Rooney Haters and Sigurdsson fanboys.

The team as a whole is failing, but oddly, that works as a reason to excuse Sigurdssons performances, but not Rooney's. Tell me, is that because of who he is as well?

Different opinions and all that I guess. He's offered a damn site more than Sigurdsson has, and the only people who can't see that are the Rooney Haters and Sigurdsson fanboys.

The team as a whole is failing, but oddly, that works as a reason to excuse Sigurdssons performances, but not Rooney's. Tell me, is that because of who he is as well?

No mate. No one is excusing Sigurdsson's performances, and nowhere have I done that, however a lot of people will make every excuse under the sun to excuse boyhood bloo Rooney's despite the fact that he's objectively been absolutely crap since August.

There's definitely such thing as Rooney and Sigurdsson fanboys/haters, however most on here are neither. We're just Everton fans that have watched football for a long time and can offer unbiased opinions on senior players' performances, based on what we're seeing rather than their background or reputation.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back