Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my line in the sand*. Lampard seems to like him, but we cant just give managers what they want at any cost. Its pointless having a DOF here otherwise.

My reading FWIW, is Spurs sources are heavily briefing 20-25m and Everton sources seem to be saying little or about a loan. Seems to be some brinkmanship.

It would be madness to pay Spurs what they want. They need sales, and we are in a relatively strong position.

* The one caveat, is the clubs have come to a mash up re Richarlison. We value Winks at 10m, they are happy to pay Winks plus 45-50m for Richarlison, and we both agree to inflate fees. So Everton pay 25m for Winks, but get 75m for Richarlison.
that’s being had off

Interesting looking at the Spurs team from the 2019 CL final:

1655941310938.png

1655941494899.png

Interesting looking at the Spurs team from the 2019 CL final:

View attachment 171006
View attachment 171007

Said the same with the key difference being Dembele and Sissoko leaving along with the manager.

Winks should be a good deep player for us, Dele in the advanced midfield role as well...we'd be lacking the box to box monster (Doucoure?Gallagher?) and the Eriksen type.

Said the same with the key difference being Dembele and Sissoko leaving along with the manager.

Winks should be a good deep player for us, Dele in the advanced midfield role as well...we'd be lacking the box to box monster (Doucoure?Gallagher?) and the Eriksen type.
I guess we just ask the other teams nicely if we can play with the ball then huh?

If course it doesn't! We have had a disasterous run. But as you said, the PREVIOUS INCUMBENTS.

The prevailing attitude here and on other forums/twitter is whoever we're linked with (seriously linked with) is a complete waste of time and money.

We're also guilty of judging signings on their first 10 games, quite often less. We had that tit making up stories about Duncan and Mykelenko, and worryingly, masses of people taking his fantasy story as gospel.

Any new player coming into this massively underperforming bunch of wastrels should be welcomed. Nobody knows how it's going to work out.

Can you imagine if the Internet was around when Kendall signed two perma crocks in Peter Reid and Andy Gray? He'd be laughed out of town.

Everybody needs to chill a bit and just try to enjoy the footy (which can't come back soon enough, so we have something meaningful to discuss)
Everything might be great, on the other hand it might not. Sorry to be a pessimist but contract offers to JJK and strong rumours to Winks have me leaning to the "not" side whilst obviously hoping I'm wrong. Soz.

Status
Not open for further replies.