hello from a man city fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with that. City and Everton are very similar actually. Both are big city clubs and both have huge fan bases. Everton have a better record in winning things, but I guess that's about to change.

And with reference to City fans being arrogant these days, I'm sure if the positions were reversed many Everton supporters would be the same.

I dunno if we would be. We've had a steady ship for 6 years or so and we wouldnt need to blow £100mill to reach the top 4 places to get that "we can buy anyone and do anything" posturing.

Right before Sven and Shinawatra took Citeh over they were litterally in the [Poor language removed] - 11 1st team player squad, no season tickets sold. Sven came in, bought a few players quickly, got them into Europe. To me Sven saved Citeh from dropping out of the league again and looked to be building solid foundations.

Then Shinawatra was found out to be a snide it seemed that Citeh were going to fall apart again, especially after completely ******* off Sven like he was the bad-guy. Then all of a sudden all their Christmas' came at once with the Arab owners.

So it seems more to do with their fans changing from expecting the worst to now expecting everything due to how much they've spent. Now they can gloat wealth wise to their more successful neighbours.

The thing that gets me is there seems to be a massive cloud hanging over them. They seem to be counting their chickens before their hatched. The starting 11 at Man City will be on the field at kick off going up against teams that will be out there wanting to show them up. I get the sense they are gonna have it rough. Teams are going to want step up against Citeh than they would against the sky 4 teams. Why? I dunno. Maybe Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea have been drilled into everyones mind that they're the established elite...there's no shame in losing against them.

But with Man Citeh there's every chance in the world a team like Burnley could win against them as they've nothing to lose, nothing to prove, while Citeh have a lot to prove.

Sides are splitting here, Dave :lol:

Thinking of doing a law PhD actually.

<checks universityofwiki.ac.uk>

Can one of the other well placed legal eagles on the forum confirm that I'm completely correct in saying this man is talking balderdash, bunkum and poppycock of the first magnitude...and, indeed, if I might might add, m'learned friends, complete tripe...if you'll pardon my French <burp...'scuse moi>

:unsure::dodgy:

I dunno if we would be. We've had a steady ship for 6 years or so and we wouldnt need to blow £100mill to reach the top 4 places to get that "we can buy anyone and do anything" posturing.

Right before Sven and Shinawatra took Citeh over they were litterally in the [Poor language removed] - 11 1st team player squad, no season tickets sold. Sven came in, bought a few players quickly, got them into Europe. To me Sven saved Citeh from dropping out of the league again and looked to be building solid foundations.

Then Shinawatra was found out to be a snide it seemed that Citeh were going to fall apart again, especially after completely ******* off Sven like he was the bad-guy. Then all of a sudden all their Christmas' came at once with the Arab owners.

So it seems more to do with their fans changing from expecting the worst to now expecting everything due to how much they've spent. Now they can gloat wealth wise to their more successful neighbours.

The thing that gets me is there seems to be a massive cloud hanging over them. They seem to be counting their chickens before their hatched. The starting 11 at Man City will be on the field at kick off going up against teams that will be out there wanting to show them up. I get the sense they are gonna have it rough. Teams are going to want step up against Citeh than they would against the sky 4 teams. Why? I dunno. Maybe Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea have been drilled into everyones mind that they're the established elite...there's no shame in losing against them.

But with Man Citeh there's every chance in the world a team like Burnley could win against them as they've nothing to lose, nothing to prove, while Citeh have a lot to prove.
To be fair, that's probably true against teams like us, Tottenham and Villa as well. Burnley is a game we should win both home and away, we know it and they know it. So they have nothing to loose there either.

But I do agree that ManC have alot to prove in their first games, since they have spent so much and have gotten haused in papers and on the internet as being the big contenders to the top4.

Originally Posted by LORDY QC
Can one of the other well placed legal eagles on the forum confirm that I'm completely correct in saying this man is talking balderdash, bunkum and poppycock of the first magnitude...and, indeed, if I might might add, m'learned friends, complete tripe...if you'll pardon my French <burp...'scuse moi>
Rumplole said:
Sir, a precedent was set in my 1975 TV series in which it was demonstrated without refute that an assertion was better than an argument any day of the week. If M'learned friend would allow that I point him in the correct direction, I will endeavour to show him Wikipedia's entry on my successful 1970s TV series in which it was shown time and time-again that the correct verdict is the verdict that I propose.

Rumpole of the Bailey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:unsure: [Poor language removed], I'm stumped!

hello everyone,ive been invited by one of your fellow everton fans to join here.

he said you are all good and will go easy on my. :D

Hi m8 .
I think you're in safe hands here so enjoy the ride . Definitely one of the better Everton forums . Nice to see other fans posting here .
Pity the Everton fans don't get the same hospitality on Bluemoon though .:lol:
Do you use that particular forum ?

Everyone on this site is completely mad.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Nah, Only joking BM. Welcome aboard.

Would you agree in that last year City didn't seem to have a clear style, just a collection of (very talented in some cases) individuals.

Never been on bluemoon, the only forum I've posted on more than once out of other clubs is theshedend for Chelsea, never had any problems there

Never been on bluemoon, the only forum I've posted on more than once out of other clubs is theshedend for Chelsea, never had any problems there

I am an Everton Only man. I have read bits and bobs from a few other clubs forums when we have been linked with players, but that is all. You turncoat Screech. :lol::D:P

Hi m8 .
I think you're in safe hands here so enjoy the ride . Definitely one of the better Everton forums . Nice to see other fans posting here .
Pity the Everton fans don't get the same hospitality on Bluemoon though .:lol:
Do you use that particular forum ?

bluemoon forum is VILE mate and i am a member on there but i don tpost that often as i find myself arguing with the "new arrogant" breed of city fans that have come out of the woodwork.

i post on vital manchester city which is where i got an invite from an evertonian who said this place was good to post.

So, which other players from Everton would you like to steal, bearing in mind the players you have got?

Not having a go, just wonder.

arteta is class mate and would fit in very well now elano has been sold and ive always liked cahill even when he was at millwall.

im not saying we are going for them but players ive admired for years.:)

So you dont wanna buy Phil Neville? You can have him about £10m.

So is that it then, Cahill and Arteta only? Dont rate Fellaini? Baines? Jagielka? Yakubu? even tho you clearly dont need strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back