History

FoDtPEKXkAAu9Q-
All yer ma's

Very interesting listen : personal recollections of the Cultural Revolution in China by those who participated and witnessed ; then discussing how the Maoist cult has disturbing echoes in modern day China.

I used to work with a guy who grew up in China during the Cultural Revolution. His formal education ceased when he was about ten and he became an autodidact.

Very impressive fella tbh

I used to work with a guy who grew up in China during the Cultural Revolution. His formal education ceased when he was about ten and he became an autodidact.

Very impressive fella tbh
Listening to the final episode it mentioned that there is now a female Mao impersonator !

Anyone know about that Ughtred of Roby? Lord of the west Derby hundred pre-Norman Conquest but still appears to have held his lands (essentially Merseyside proper) in 1080. Can't find much online, no idea if he palled up with the Norman's or if he was some lunatic resistor Hereward style. Seems to have died not long after the 1080 reviews and his lands were given to some Norman bloke.

Anyone know about that Ughtred of Roby? Lord of the west Derby hundred pre-Norman Conquest but still appears to have held his lands (essentially Merseyside proper) in 1080. Can't find much online, no idea if he palled up with the Norman's or if he was some lunatic resistor Hereward style. Seems to have died not long after the 1080 reviews and his lands were given to some Norman bloke.
As happened with the majority, probably kicked out and ended up living in a pig sty.
This is all I could find :

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back