History

Catching up on this thread, and your contention that history is told by the winners.

Perhaps you could comment on the WW2 aviation works of Jochen Prien, Peter Rodeike, Hans Ring, Gerhard Stemmer, Winfried Bock and Michael Meyer.

And then go on to books written by these guys about their flying career: Adolf Galland; Ulrich Steinhilper; Heinz Knocke, Johannes Steinhoff, Günther Rall.

As for this: '...often half of real events are not told...'
Perhaps you could point out to me all that is missing from books on WW2 aviation by Chris Goss, Andy Saunders, Dr. Alfred Price, Simon Parry.

One might say that I have a slight interest in WW2 aviation...
a frightening interest...

So what's so frightening about the interest in general, and the individual you have highlighted in particular? Do you know the guy?

abell46s-reface.gif

Before Edison... That's what I mean by karma.

The US government ruled that the Edison Trust was a monopoly and had it dismantled. Pretty much telling Tommy boy to go do one!

Also electrocuted an elephant with Tesla's alternating current just to try and prove "his" direct current was "safer".

Just an all round douchebag.

Tesla however was a true genius who fell in love with a pigeon

Also electrocuted an elephant with Tesla's alternating current just to try and prove "his" direct current was "safer".

Just an all round douchebag.

Tesla however was a true genius who fell in love with a pigeon
Lol, 'eccentric' genius...

He got a bit of a bum wrap... They were like: 'Mr. Edison, we're going to use your stolen light bulb invention to light the world. Mr. Telsa, we're going to use the Tesla coil in movie backgrounds as a prop in the labs of crazy scientists...'

Oh, and he must be spinning in his grave knowing a tit like Elon Musk is using his name for his electric vehicle! 🙄

Lol, 'eccentric' genius...

He got a bit of a bum wrap... They were like: 'Mr. Edison, we're going to use your stolen light bulb invention to light the world. Mr. Telsa, we're going to use the Tesla coil in movie backgrounds as a prop in the labs of crazy scientists...'

Oh, and he must be spinning in his grave knowing a tit like Elon Musk is using his name for his electric vehicle! 🙄

YES Tommy mate! I've mused that myself several times.

A name synonymous with brilliant innovation attached to spontaneously combustable Voltswagen FFS 😤

Last edited:
YES Tommy mate! I've mused that myself several times.

A name synonymous with brilliant innovation attached to spontaneously combustable Voltswagens FFS 😤

Being screwed over by an egotistical a.hole while you're alive, then a hundred years later by an equal, if not bigger a.hole!

You've got to feel for bloke...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back