Votes: 398 56.1%
  • Not all that

Votes: 51 7.2%
  • Queso en pan tostado

Votes: 36 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are serious he's off. I can't see an Irishman turning down a move there. Sad to say it, but if he wasn't wearing blue already the same would go for the Norwegians. They have a borderline monopoly on the fan bases over there, especially with the old firm and Scottish footballs fall.

Personally I think it's just because Clyne went and they're putting two and two together to find a story.

The one true issue I would have with him moving on is if Jonny Evans was to come in the opposite direction. Straight cash with the insurance it'd be reinvested.

If bored journalists in the off season had any knowledge or power then Leighton Baines would no longer be an Everton player as they've sold him numerous times. I'll hold off any worry until either club or the player make any mention of it whatsoever.

I'm sure we'd scout far and wide for a replacement and not just domestically. There'd be options out there I think it would really boil down to how much we'd get for Coleman and how much his replacement would cost really.

Not that I'd like to see him leave, but he's not irreplaceable if the money's good enough.
I'm sure our scouting network under Martinez extends only as far as the north west and around the Wigan area. Joking apart I'll stand by what I said. Coleman has proven himself to be one of the top 3 right backs in the premier league. He is proven in this demanding league. Yes there might be other right backs out there available, but I'll stand by what I said the only alternative would be clyne (gonna be England's right back for years) to make up for Coleman's exit. Add into the fact that Coleman is a cult hero amongst the support, I think many on here are just seeing the £ signs and underestimating just what Coleman brings to the club. Yes he wasn't at his absolute best last season (who was) but still scored more goals from open play then most right backs I can remember. The club should make a statement straight out, Coleman is not for sale he's going nowhere. Finally back to the original statement, would you really back Martinez to bring in an equal replacement from abroad? His track record for transfers is mixed at best and especially setting up a team to defend.

I'm sure our scouting network under Martinez extends only as far as the north west and around the Wigan area. Joking apart I'll stand by what I said. Coleman has proven himself to be one of the top 3 right backs in the premier league. He is proven in this demanding league. Yes there might be other right backs out there available, but I'll stand by what I said the only alternative would be clyne (gonna be England's right back for years) to make up for Coleman's exit. Add into the fact that Coleman is a cult hero amongst the support, I think many on here are just seeing the £ signs and underestimating just what Coleman brings to the club. Yes he wasn't at his absolute best last season (who was) but still scored more goals from open play then most right backs I can remember. The club should make a statement straight out, Coleman is not for sale he's going nowhere. Finally back to the original statement, would you really back Martinez to bring in an equal replacement from abroad? His track record for transfers is mixed at best and especially setting up a team to defend.

Yeah you've got a good point about Martinez's record with transfers so far, it's not particularly bad i think it's just we've been so used to Moyes finding unpolished diamonds time and again. But to be fair he's now shopping in a different market and if we got a big wedge of cash he should have enough to adequately fill the void and invest elsewhere.

It may sound like I'm advocating selling Coleman, I'm not, it's just if the offer comes along that's high end we'd probably take it and hopefully invest it wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back