How knowledgeable is the Goodison crowd?

What's your take on match going bloos?

• Savvy - Know the game inside out and see the nuance that others don't

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Blinkered - The most sensible choices will be booed if player X is involved

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Clueless - They willingly pay loads to watch Everton so clearly have poor judgement

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Bedwetters - Every little bump in the road is a disaster and things have never been so bad

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Poseurs - They just want to say I was there for Goodison's last game / BMD first game

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Sociable - It's not actually about the game is it? It's the social occasion

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • HappyClappers - Here's my dough Farhad, keep serving up the dross

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
We should introduce ways of further isolating demographics to understand the crowd and their knowledge.

Eg, Anyone over a size 34 waist should have to sit in particular section, same for those with a low follicle percentage on their head. Those who have ever liked a peteblue politcical post should probably be in a cage near the far right corner of the park end.
Fuming I’ll probably have to move for a couple of weeks in January , though if anything will stop me indulging in those extra pigs in blankets it’s thinking who I’ll be sitting next to .

The NHS thanks you.

To be fair, I like our intensity and authenticity. Everton is from Everton, representative of its area - earnest, hard working, abrasive. The fans going the game base their identity around Everton. There’s a staunchness you rarely get in the Premier League in other clubs who’ve sold themselves down the line as superficial corporate hellholes.

Everton is raw. I hope it stays that way, just with the odd bit of success thrown in so we remember what it feels like. If not then just hurt them.

A lot of the Goodison crowd clapped Bill when he appeared on the screen.
A lot of the Goodison crowd abused those who warned we were heading down a very dark road. Mocking them and seemingly happy with how things were.

Those fans now have the club they desired.

It's too easy to pin everything on Dyche or Young or Keane. This is YEARS of mismanagement and no plans or direction. Sacking managers nonstop, involvement in transfers, recruiting the wrong players on high wages.

The entire club is a mess and that includes the fans too. We can be unhappy with the manager or state of things. But we create a miserable, toxic environment almost from the first whistle. Away fans mock us weekly. The anger levels at a misplaced pass or a simple mistake has gotten out of control.

There's not much we can change to improve the club, but improving the atmosphere for the better would be a start. We don't even try and get behind them. We sit there, arms folded, angry, demanding they give us something to shout about or we'll throw a tantrum.

The least knowledgeable fan base in the country—they can't decide what they want from an Everton team. They moaned when we played possession football, and now (rightfully) complain about our lack of possession week after week. It’s similar to West Ham, a club that also lacks a clear identity on the pitch.

The least knowledgeable fan base in the country—they can't decide what they want from an Everton team. They moaned when we played possession football, and now (rightfully) complain about our lack of possession week after week. It’s similar to West Ham, a club that also lacks a clear identity on the pitch.
Another concern is the treatment of talented players. In recent years, the likes of Onana, Gordon, Barkley, Lukaku, and Stones have all been given a rough time by the crowd at various points. Some of the shouts aimed at Onana, in particular, were nonsensical at times.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back