Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see.

I think that one game has meant he's built up into something he isn't. Man U have had plenty of kids come into their first team, score/do well on their debut and then not kick on (see welbeck, diouf, macheda, cleverly, etc, etc.)

I just don't see him as being as good as people make out. I doubt he'll make it at the top level.

Aye, but it's touch and go with a lot of these young fellows. Early potential can wither away into a wasted opportunity, average players can take an unexpected step up. Right now, at a tender age, Januzaj hasn't done much wrong and I think United fans can be tentatively optimistic that he'll only get better.

I post here because I find it amusing laughing at the Liverpool supporters with you. I'll no longer post on United issues because clearly quite a few of you have a clear hatred for any club that is bigger than yours - which yes, smacks of bitterness.

Friendly advice mate.
Take your own advice for a little while and don't get into an argument on t'internet.

Where have I said we "don't spend money"?! Have you actually read my posts?! I suggest you do - we've spent [Poor language removed] tonnes of money for years and years! And I'm happy that we do, we can afford it.

So why get all upset at me suggesting you are getting players based on money ??

Why not discus it like an adult, rather than turning all 'kopite' like with the bitter stuff. Bitter is something people turn to when they have nothing to say, and can't formulate a sentance.

Bollocks mate. I've been very realistic with my posts. But some of you are acting as if we're going to disappear into the wilderness because of ONE poor season and a bad start to this season. It's not going to happen. We're too huge a club to do a Leeds - as much as you'd love that to happen.

We're throwing money around now because we have to - simple as that. And we have EARNED that money - we're not a sugar daddies play thing. I've never said ONCE in here that we're going to win any silverware, anytime soon. We'll be lucky to finish 5th this season.

But anyone that thinks United are in trouble long term are deluded - you're just clutching at straws I am afraid.
No-one's said you're going to do a Leeds or disappear into the wilderness though.

We just don't share your view that success under Van Gaal is either guaranteed or necessarily imminent.

You could well have another mid table season this year, and that would be damaging to your business model, no question.

No-one's said you're going to do a Leeds or disappear into the wilderness though.

We just don't share your view that success under Van Gaal is either guaranteed or necessarily imminent.

You could well have another mid table season this year, and that would be damaging to your business model, no question.

I agree with all of this - the simple fact is, none of us know what the future holds. The beauty, and fun, of football :)

Thanks for the debate guys, again, didn't intend to offend anyone. I'm a passionate bloke about my club, as you guys are about your own. I've always found Evertonians to be good lads & lasses, so don't want to fall out with you.

Peace out! x

I would respectfully suggest, that you're clearly not capable of discussing United without those red tinted "it'll all be fine, honest" specs on mate.

Maybe he thinks they'll be fine. Clearly he shouldn't post anything until you have carefully vetted his opinion first. I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed at some of the posting here, Meltdown was offering a fairly reasoned perspective on his team's prospects until the bear-baiting started.

Maybe he thinks they'll be fine. Clearly he shouldn't post anything until you have carefully vetted his opinion first. I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed at some of the posting here, Meltdown was offering a fairly reasoned perspective on his team's prospects until the bear-baiting started.

He's also on a forum where other fans are offering him a different perspective from outside. His whole internet persona is about baiting Reds yet bites like hell when anyone says anything he doesn't want to hear about Utd. He's insulted Everton quite a few times recently.

I posted that in reply to this comment;

clearly quite a few of you have a clear hatred for any club that is bigger than yours - which yes, smacks of bitterness.

So pipe down

I posted that in reply to this comment;

clearly quite a few of you have a clear hatred for any club that is bigger than yours - which yes, smacks of bitterness.

So pipe down

I will pipe UP. The "bitter" comments were incredibly poor form, but it seems to me he was lashing out like a cornered cat after some of these corkers:

Players coming to you for Money now, nothing else.

Something that most of you called out City for.

Players with no ambition going to you now.

Why do you even come here?

You of all people should know how frustrating it is when people try to shut the debate down with baseless conjecture or by just telling you to go away, you've spent enough time on the Everton board thread. He said some stupid things but we're not that sensitive, are we?

I will pipe UP. The "bitter" comments were incredibly poor form, but it seems to me he was lashing out like a cornered cat after some of these corkers:

You of all people should know how frustrating it is when people try to shut the debate down with baseless conjecture or by just telling you to go away, you've spent enough time on the Everton board thread. He said some stupid things but we're not that sensitive, are we?
Im just intrigued as to why he would come to another clubs forum (yes, maybe its the greatest), but I certainly couldnt see my self going on a United, Chelsea, etc forum every day.

Did any of those comments come from me? In your own time mate.....

....and the lad himself admitted he was out of order and apologised, so I've no idea why you've felt the need to wade in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back