Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, he should have swerved the 'How stupid are ManU?' thread.

Yes I should have and I'll not get involved with any baiting from now on! :)

And the reason I come here is for banter. The only other football forum I was a member on is RedCafe - and I was banned many years ago for arguing with a mod that Cleverley and Evans will never become United greats.

I'm not a fan of huge football fan forums like RedCafe/RAWK either. I don't see the problem with me posting here either tbh. As for my "bitter" comments, I don't view ANY fanbase as bitter, it's too much of a sweeping generalisation. I was just saying that there was some posts in here that appeared to be bitter in my opinion.

Again, no offence was intended. I have a healthy respect for Everton FC and it's supporter base.

:)

Perhaps I should have added more.

I cannot abide people like me. I'm a bit like a Highlander in that sense.

The vast majority of people on this forum aren't regular match goers (and I include myself in that). It's the reality of supporting a club with a larger fanbase than it's stadium.

We're no different in that regard to Man U or Liverpool etc.

We're already the worldwide brand who attracts bandwagoners and ignorant foreigners, a look through the new signing forums and you'll find loads of guys who admit to not knowing a huge amount about the club or the game but got enthusiastic due to a match of ours or a player of ours getting big attention.

Honestly that's the PL, these days. The only clubs who honestly have a mostly local based online fanbase or in the lower leagues, these days.

And the reason I come here is for banter. The only other football forum I was a member on is RedCafe - and I was banned many years ago for arguing with a mod that Cleverley and Evans will never become United greats.

I'm not a fan of huge football fan forums like RedCafe/RAWK either. I don't see the problem with me posting here either tbh. As for my "bitter" comments, I don't view ANY fanbase as bitter, it's too much of a sweeping generalisation. I was just saying that there was some posts in here that appeared to be bitter in my opinion.

Again, no offence was intended. I have a healthy respect for Everton FC and it's supporter base.

He's a nice man isn't he really?

Why not? I'm pretty much the only Everton fan I actually know in person. Any football debates I have in the real world I are invariably with fans of United, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. with zero fallout. I know it's an Everton thread, but this is the World Football section, we should let other fans proffer informed opinions if they have them without always reaching for the flaming sticks.

I must say I've had a few air shots of my flaming stick since I celotaped it to my Gooch (is that right?)

The vast majority of people on this forum aren't regular match goers (and I include myself in that). It's the reality of supporting a club with a larger fanbase than it's stadium.

We're no different in that regard to Man U or Liverpool etc.

We're already the worldwide brand who attracts bandwagoners and ignorant foreigners, a look through the new signing forums and you'll find loads of guys who admit to not knowing a huge amount about the club or the game but got enthusiastic due to a match of ours or a player of ours getting big attention.

Honestly that's the PL, these days. The only clubs who honestly have a mostly local based online fanbase or in the lower leagues, these days.
You went and took a self deprecating joke and turned it into serious discussion. I was really just fishing for rep.

However, it's an interesting discussion nonetheless. We are different than United or Liverpool due mainly to scale. How many regular posters are on this forum as compared to RedCafe or RAWK? How many that are regulars here have direct links to the city of Liverpool other than the club? Whereas there are many more United and Liverpool fans that are fans through no direct contact with their respective cities. I am not bashing fans that do not have those links, mind you. And just because someone is from a city or has links to a city does not make them sound, but the culture of supporters is going to be driven by the majority. In Everton's case that is still local scousers and people that are linked with the city through family or something similar. It also happens that because we are not wildly successful, most of the people without direct connections are very sound, knowledgeable people. Spiritual supporters, even without the geographic connection.

I do tend to think that the larger a fanbase the more annoying hangers on are notable. The frustrating elements of a fanbase will often run off the sound elements on the internet. It's the internet, it's how things work.

I am very vocal in my belief that Everton need to grow to survive. However, I am under no illusion that the very growth will absolutely change the way the club is run, the way the supporters act, and the way the supporters are seen. Evertonians are notorious for knowing about football. That will change if we become a global brand. It's a balancing act to retain what makes a club itself and growing the club as a brand.

You went and took a self deprecating joke and turned it into serious discussion. I was really just fishing for rep.

However, it's an interesting discussion nonetheless. We are different than United or Liverpool due mainly to scale. How many regular posters are on this forum as compared to RedCafe or RAWK? How many that are regulars here have direct links to the city of Liverpool other than the club? Whereas there are many more United and Liverpool fans that are fans through no direct contact with their respective cities. I am not bashing fans that do not have those links, mind you. And just because someone is from a city or has links to a city does not make them sound, but the culture of supporters is going to be driven by the majority. In Everton's case that is still local scousers and people that are linked with the city through family or something similar. It also happens that because we are not wildly successful, most of the people without direct connections are very sound, knowledgeable people. Spiritual supporters, even without the geographic connection.

I do tend to think that the larger a fanbase the more annoying hangers on are notable. The frustrating elements of a fanbase will often run off the sound elements on the internet. It's the internet, it's how things work.

I am very vocal in my belief that Everton need to grow to survive. However, I am under no illusion that the very growth will absolutely change the way the club is run, the way the supporters act, and the way the supporters are seen. Evertonians are notorious for knowing about football. That will change if we become a global brand. It's a balancing act to retain what makes a club itself and growing the club as a brand.

Too American. Didn't read.

Hya :bye:

ni_ejecting.jpg

Caption: Man United's Season. "Eject eject eject!"

@RAWK Meltdown

We'll see.

I think that one game has meant he's built up into something he isn't. Man U have had plenty of kids come into their first team, score/do well on their debut and then not kick on (see welbeck, diouf, macheda, cleverly, etc, etc.)

I just don't see him as being as good as people make out. I doubt he'll make it at the top level.

simple, he was the only glimmer of hope last season.

he's a good player, will become a good player, but yeah, like you, i haven't really seen him do much after that game where he burst on the scene. i remember macheda did the same and people still think he'll become a good player :s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back