Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry matem but exactly what impact did 'The Busby Babes' have on England or any other club ?? Really ??

It was JUST another footy team / era, it the crash that is the reason its so talked about !!!!
Busby Babes were the first to show England how a team which was so young could play football so beautifully and still win. Most of our players were home grown and we did reach the semi finals of the European cup until the Munich tragedy happened and before that they had won the league in 1955–56 and 1956–57 with an average age of 21 and 22 respectively.

As for England national team, was it not for Bobby Charlton, you'd never win the world cup, that's certain. He was also one of the Busby Babes who survived the crash.

Well we had more fans, more prestige, higher gates, higher average attendance. That's why we were the bigger club.
Seriously, you had higher attendance than OT was still going on development following the demolition that occurred in the WWII. Globally speaking, you never matched United.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree. Loving a club is like loving a girlfriend. A girl can be ugly, but love can blind a guy to love her and rate her higher than she actually is. I'm not surprised you rate Everton so highly.

Ground size doesn't matter at all. lol

Allianz Arena just holds 66000, but Iduna Park holds 81000. Does it make Dortmund a bigger club?

Well how am I supposed to know about the history of Goodison Park, I'm not an Everton fan, I'm not bothered about so many details about Everton. All I know is that my club at the time had players who could outplay any player of any generation, Everton never had that.

No, what you are saying is United are the biggest and best, and the reasons you point our have bee proved as not true.

You then say you dont care about other teams....so how can you really make a comparison.

Full of contradictions.

Nobody is saying we are bigger than United, just that United were not always THIS big, and other clubs in England were as big if not bigger.

Busby Babes were the first to show England how a team which was so young could play football so beautifully and still win. Most of our players were home grown and we did reach the semi finals of the European cup until the Munich tragedy happened and before that they had won the league in 1955–56 and 1956–57 with an average age of 21 and 22 respectively.

As for England national team, was it not for Bobby Charlton, you'd never win the world cup, that's certain. He was also one of the Busby Babes who survived the crash.

All clubs had local players, ALL CLUBS.

That is not a United thing, and playing style was also not created by Busby at all, many other clubs played nice football. Arsenal and Everton both in the 30's were well known for their sceintific style.

And I think for England you are completely ignoring probably one of the most technically gifted players in England ever....Alan Ball, and Bobby Moore is the best defender ever to play for the country.

We know you love the club you decided to support based on success, buut open your mind and take in what ppl are saying.

Seriously, you had higher attendance than OT was still going on development following the demolition that occurred in the WWII. Globally speaking, you never matched United.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree. Loving a club is like loving a girlfriend. A girl can be ugly, but love can blind a guy to love her and rate her higher than she actually is. I'm not surprised you rate Everton so highly.
We had miles more fans than United, hence why our games were watched by thousands more people.

You might want to ask Charlton who was Man of the Match in the 66 final mate.

But will save you the trouble.

Ball. A.

Bale would fit LVGs 2-3-5 pretty well, I think

I am fed up with the 3-5-2 but yeah you're spot-on, Bale would be perfect because he started out as a LB didn't he?

We won't get him though - too important to Real Madrid and he's loving life out there apparently.

I would LOVE us to go in for Reus - but he could pick wherever he wants to go and we're not high on the list of top players destinations at the moment, not until we can guarantee CL footy again which is the be-all-and-end-all these days, sadly.

I am fed up with the 3-5-2 but yeah you're spot-on, Bale would be perfect because he started out as a LB didn't he?

We won't get him though - too important to Real Madrid and he's loving life out there apparently.

I would LOVE us to go in for Reus - but he could pick wherever he wants to go and we're not high on the list of top players destinations at the moment, not until we can guarantee CL footy again which is the be-all-and-end-all these days, sadly.

The Real fans haven't taken to him though. Despite all the assists and goals and heroics in the Champions League final, they don't seem to like him. Baffling, but there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back