Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dixie Dean only had domestic success, at his era England had an insular attitude, they didn't even participate in International tournaments. So, there's no room talking about his national greatness. Every non-English greats like Maradona, Beckenbauer etc. regards Charlton is the best. I don't think I need to say more.

If I'm not wrong in the 60s, OT could hold 44000 in the 60s, Goodison Park had space for 40000 thousand fans. How is the stadium bigger then?

Well for the time being Everton may have equaled it, but Everton never had the European success that United had. Manchester United were the first English club to make a global impact, Everton never had such an impact. The European success alone makes United unique at the time.

Average attendance 1962-63 51,000

http://toffeeweb.com/history/records/attendances.asp

Dixie Dean only had domestic success, at his era England had an insular attitude, they didn't even participate in International tournaments. So, there's no room talking about his national greatness. Every non-English greats like Maradona, Beckenbauer etc. regards Charlton is the best. I don't think I need to say more.

If I'm not wrong in the 60s, OT could hold 44000 in the 60s, Goodison Park had space for 40000 thousand fans. How is the stadium bigger then?

Well for the time being Everton may have equaled it, but Everton never had the European success that United had. Manchester United were the first English club to make a global impact, Everton never had such an impact. The European success alone makes United unique at the time.

I am afraid you show your ignorance in this post again.

Goodison park had crowds close to 80k in it during the 1960's (our record attendance was 78,000). We dwarfed Manchester United's support base in that era. Our ground was the best in the country by a mile, as was our training facilities. (as Commented on by the Brazilian national team).

Dean played at a time when all countries were insular. He is a victim of ignorance that people refuse to look back beyond WW2 for great players.

Everton didn't win the European cup no. Had it not been for some dubious refereeing in 1970 we may well have done. (We were the only team in Europe who could have competed with Ajax that season). United certainly had that over us, yet we were superior in most other ways. United were relegated a few years after that. This shows up the small teams from the big teams really. Big clubs go 50-60 years plus playing top flight football and don't get relegated.

Yep. My old man tells stories of 60000 at times. Same as most big clubs back then. Terraces, cheap, peaceful, ish. Different days.

But Man Utd were probably the biggest thing ever in some folks eyes.

Its ok mate

What we have here is a glory hunting whopper from god knows where teaching us about the English game, Prob started watching Utd around 92 and has read every book about there history to make him feel like a true fan (Bit like 90% of Kopites)

Okay, my bad, apparently I'm wrong about those numbers. But that doesn't change the other facts.
I think this huge factual error is rather an allegory of the rest of your nonsense mate. We were miles bigger than United in 1970. Bigger ground, better ground, more fans, more money more prestige, more history, more tradition, better players, younger team, better manager.

Unfortunately from 1970 Everton blew it.

I am afraid you show your ignorance in this post again.

Goodison park had crowds close to 80k in it during the 1960's (our record attendance was 78,000). We dwarfed Manchester United's support base in that era. Our ground was the best in the country by a mile, as was our training facilities. (as Commented on by the Brazilian national team).

Dean played at a time when all countries were insular. He is a victim of ignorance that people refuse to look back beyond WW2 for great players.

Everton didn't win the European cup no. Had it not been for some dubious refereeing in 1970 we may well have done. (We were the only team in Europe who could have competed with Ajax that season). United certainly had that over us, yet we were superior in most other ways. United were relegated a few years after that. This shows up the small teams from the big teams really. Big clubs go 50-60 years plus playing top flight football and don't get relegated.
lol...football is a very uncertain game, any club can get relegated at any stage. It was a very turbulent period in our club, big decisions went wrong, not surprise that it happened. Also, it was very common in English football at the time for 2nd division clubs to win the league straight after their promotion. So, the opposite wasn't too uncommon either.

River Plate, one of the biggest clubs in the world, certainly in South America along with Boca Juniors, recently got relegated. Liverpool had their relegation period. Even you were relegated in the 50s.

You can never measure greatness by relegation, but you can measure greatness by what impact the clubs have made. I have never seen an impact similar to Busby Babes had on English football made by any other English club. Just for the impact on the history of global football, Ajax will always remain one of the biggest clubs ever in my eyes.

I think this huge factual error is rather an allegory of the rest of your nonsense mate. We were miles bigger than United in 1970. Bigger ground, better ground, more fans, more money more prestige, more history, more tradition, better players, younger team, better manager.

Unfortunately from 1970 Everton blew it.
Seriously you amaze me. Globally speaking Everton never had the charisma United had. Everton never Ballon D'or winners like we had. Not just in recent era. Since the second world war, only Liverpool came near to match our glamor, charisma, style and success. Everton falls nowhere near that. No disrespect to Everton, but they are never as big as United. That's the fact.

Seriously you amaze me. Globally speaking Everton never had the charisma United had. Everton never Ballon D'or winners like we had. Not just in recent era. Since the second world war, only Liverpool came near to match our glamor, charisma, style and success. Everton falls nowhere near that. No disrespect to Everton, but they are never as big as United. That's the fact.
You are bigger now as are Liverpool. You were both in our shadow in 1970. The fact you haven't got a clue how much our ground even held just about sums up how little you know on this subject.

Its ok mate

What we have here is a glory hunting whopper from god knows where teaching us about the English game, Prob started watching Utd around 92 and has read every book about there history to make him feel like a true fan (Bit like 90% of Kopites)
lol....As a kid when I started supporting United, I never knew how great they were. Their style is struck me. I watch football from other countries too, and from England, only United is Unique.

You are bigger now as are Liverpool. You were both in our shadow in 1970. The fact you haven't got a clue how much our ground even held just about sums up how little you know on this subject.
Ground size doesn't matter at all. lol

Allianz Arena just holds 66000, but Iduna Park holds 81000. Does it make Dortmund a bigger club?

Well how am I supposed to know about the history of Goodison Park, I'm not an Everton fan, I'm not bothered about so many details about Everton. All I know is that my club at the time had players who could outplay any player of any generation, Everton never had that.

lol...football is a very uncertain game, any club can get relegated at any stage. It was a very turbulent period in our club, big decisions went wrong, not surprise that it happened. Also, it was very common in English football at the time for 2nd division clubs to win the league straight after their promotion. So, the opposite wasn't too uncommon either.

River Plate, one of the biggest clubs in the world, certainly in South America along with Boca Juniors, recently got relegated. Liverpool had their relegation period. Even you were relegated in the 50s.

You can never measure greatness by relegation, but you can measure greatness by what impact the clubs have made. I have never seen an impact similar to Busby Babes had on English football made by any other English club. Just for the impact on the history of global football, Ajax will always remain one of the biggest clubs ever in my eyes.

Im sorry matem but exactly what impact did 'The Busby Babes' have on England or any other club ?? Really ??

It was JUST another footy team / era, it the crash that is the reason its so talked about !!!!

Ground size doesn't matter at all. lol

Allianz Arena just holds 66000, but Iduna Park holds 81000. Does it make Dortmund a bigger club?

Well how am I supposed to know about the history of Goodison Park, I'm not an Everton fan, I'm not bothered about so many details about Everton. All I know is that my club at the time had players who could outplay any player of any generation, Everton never had that.

Well we had more fans, more prestige, higher gates, higher average attendance. That's why we were the bigger club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back